No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went up this weekend very little movement haven't seen much happening yet . Headed back up this weekend hopefully there moving better. Couple new bucks on camera though Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446473847.066220.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	24412772Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446473861.113485.jpg
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	24412773Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446473872.430709.jpg
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	24412774Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446473882.730161.jpg
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	24412775

Comment

I'm either heading up tonight or early in the morning to hunt the next two days. Hopefully one of the three of us that are going will get something down on the ground.

Comment

Acorns slowing it down!

Hunted this weekend and it was slow, no bucks on camera and no doe at corn piles. Tree rats were making it rain acorns!! But food plots are looking awesome!!!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24412789

Comment

I am leaving out this Friday for a three week stint in the stand! Activity has been dead since the acorns hit so I am hoping the rut will get things moving a bit!

Comment

There were a couple of nice bucks taken by the muzzle loader guys on my place. I'm taking my son up on Friday and letting him hunt through the weekend then I'm on my own for the rest of the following week.

Comment

Weather is not cooperating with my time off.....we'll see, I might head up there this Wednesday and Thursday, if not, it's looking like next Monday and Tuesday. I know here at the house, the live oak and white oak is raining down acorns, I'll bet it's gonna be the last week or so of November and early December before we see them coming back to artificial feed.

Comment

Checked cameras Friday. Few good bucks showing up but only at night. New moon slated for 11/7, gonna hunt all next week. Local camera activity is starting to increase in the form of random bucks blowing past scent checking feeder spots. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Just had a shooter buck walk right to the tree line to my right, but he never came out. 5 more yards and I would've smoked him. Ugh!!!

Comment

My view from the stand.

Comment

Man! Good luck, you're killing those of us stuck at work keep us posted it makes day go by faster!

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

No problem, the winds swirling pretty bad. Keeps switching from north to north west. Was supposed to be a south or south east wind. Kinda screwing with my set up honestly since there is a dry creek and a couple downed trees that force the deer to walk in front of me. Had a doe come out earlier in the same spot that the buck was in, she took 4 steps the turned around and high tailed it out, she never blew though. Just heard a doe blow in the direction both those deer came from a little further in the woods. I'll probably get down around 12:30 and go hang another stand on a pinch point south east of this stand.

Comment

Sounds like good strategy. Pinch points are key when bucks are seeking and not easily patterned anymore. I have been using the aerosol Tinks doe urine in white spray can since i only have one local set up and my kids' sports schedules don't care about wind direction I spray it in the trees around my stand every hour or so and have not been busted yet even with swirling winds. You can then place the can right back in your ruck and it doesn't drip or stink.

Comment

Well I moved my stand closer into that pinch point. Now I'm scrambling to get my evening set up put up. Finally have a good solid south wind so I'm gonna set up on one of the trails leading to a good plot that they just tilled that's really green.

Comment

So I just shot a buck at 12 yards., thought he was closer to 16-17. I think it was too high and too far back. I can't find my arrow or a drop of blood. I'm about to puke.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                                So I just shot a buck at 12 yards., thought he was closer to 16-17. I think it was too high and too far back. I can't find my arrow or a drop of blood. I'm about to puke.

That's no bueno Ron. I am sorry to hear that. Not much is worse for me than having this happen. A couple of questions if you are up for them:

1. How far did you search in his direction of travel?
                                2. How did he react?
                                3. Did you get any video?
                                4. I shoot one pin from 1-20 yards. Do you have more than one for these ranges?

Hope things turn for you. Prayers up.

Comment

Working...
                                X