Best snake proof boots for Texas heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting ready to go on the "sexier than hell" hunt this weekend at the Tatonka ranch and it's time for me to get some new snake boots. I've previously had a pair of Winchesters that were good, but super hot (why do they insulate snake books if we only wear them during summer?). I'm thinking about Chippewa since a lot of TBHers use them, but what about regular boots with snake proof chaps? Kinda makes sense since you can take them on and off in between walks. What do you guys think?

You may have to worry about a different kind of snake if you go with that group...

Comment

Comment

U will be an instant millionaire if you invent that boot! My Chipps are nice but they aint any cooler than others I have had.

Comment

Its really all about preference. Chips are my favorite just due to comfort level. I can wear them all day and not even remember I have snake boots on. My feet do sweat but in 100 degree heat, they are going to sweat no matter what boots I wear.

Comment

Danner

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
              Its really all about preference. Chips are my favorite just due to comfort level. I can wear them all day and not even remember I have snake boots on. My feet do sweat but in 100 degree heat, they are going to sweat no matter what boots I wear.
              I feel the same way about my Justin's. They feel great but man I sure like pulling them off this time a year.

Comment

Chippewa.

Comment

Get what ever pair are comfortable to you. I would have a plan B for this weekend, their is usually a break in period.

Comment

I wished I could tell you which brand is the best but the only pair that I've ever owned are Danner Pronghorns. They are 7 years old and have been many miles on Texas public land and the mountains of Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Get what ever pair are comfortable to you. I would have a plan B for this weekend, their is usually a break in period.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They will all be hot

Comment

Don't be skeered to wear shorty shorts with your snake boots.

Comment

Chipps

Comment

[ATTACH]861716[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X