Who works in the heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who works in the heat?

It's truly hard I've gotten better at it, learned a few tricks; cover as much skin as possible and bring a ice chest with cold drinks. I appreciate shade and a breeze. I build fences and cut down trees. I can say digging post holes in direct sun is about as hard as anything I've done.

I do , sweat through my wrangler shirt and jeans every day looks like I jumped in a swimming pool in them. I'm ready for winter.

Comment

Who works in the heat?

I work out on the roads everyday. Standing on 315 degree asphalt in the direct sunlight is no joke. Luckily I'm now a project manager and not on the asphalt all day but have much respect for those that are. It's amazing how the sunlight can drain someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do. I ride in a big brown truck with no a/c all day bringing packages to all those amazon junkies.

Comment

Used to until I acquired an office position. It didn't bother me too bad then. The hottest I ever worked was in Southern California for a few weeks and we had a solid week of high temps in the 120's. And no, it ain't dry heat out there either!

Now that I work in an office, it makes it very hard. I try to go outside and work in the shop or work out in our lay down yard when I get caught up on inside stuff just to get a little piece of it. I also try to get out in the yard at the house as much as I can in the evening when I get off. Nothing makes me feel more accomplished than being drenched with sweat. On the down side of working in an office, I've gained 20 lbs. that office chair has no mercy!

Comment

Every day. The bad thing is I have to wear fire retardant clothing a lot of the time. I'm always glad when I don't. I know a bunch of guys work in long sleeved shirts and I know people that actually say it's cooler. Well that may be and I'm just not used to it. I don't like wearing all that.

I had to dig a trench to lay conduit in wearing FR's last week. Felt like I was trying to dig through concrete. Got it done though. So I can back what you say about digging post holes up. I've dug more than I'd care to count myself.
            Last edited by okrattler; 07-24-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Dairy farm.... I got no choice. I'll average 3 shirts a day

Comment

About 50/50 for me, work inside at home and sometimes work in the field on ATM machines

Comment

Ag mechanic, im in a tin building or out on site.

Comment

It's worse in the morning when there's no breeze. Humidity will have you sweated wet at 7 AM. I've rung my shirt out many times this early. I'd rather work in 100 degree weather with a breeze than 80 without one. I HATE summer time [emoji35]

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
                      I do. I ride in a big brown truck with no a/c all day bringing packages to all those amazon junkies.

Yep, same here, no ac makes you appreciate getting out of the truck lol LMAO

Comment

I do as well, delivering packages also.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Dairy farm.... I got no choice. I'll average 3 shirts a day
                          Yup, once you take that sweat filled shirt off it just don't seem right to put it back on LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                            It's worse in the morning when there's no breeze. Humidity will have you sweated wet at 7 AM. I've rung my shirt out many times this early. I'd rather work in 100 degree weather with a breeze than 80 without one. I HATE summer time [emoji35]
                            Robin Hood lol it is not worse in the mornin bro!!!!

Comment

Used to work by the furnace in the steel mill in summer 10 hrs a day. Don't miss it a bit. Before that framing crew , no fun in the sun. Although that was better in the winter than steel mill.

Comment

Working...
                              X