Fletching Jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching Jig

I have an Arizona fletching Jigs that I use when I need to repair and arrow, but it is a pain when you want to fletch a DOZEN arrows or more. What does the GS say or recommend for a jig that will hold 6-12 arrows at a time?

Well, that is a good question.

Most of the "multiple arrow" jigs that I have seen only fletch one vane/feather at a time. I have seen them up to 6 on one jig, but if you 3x fletch, that is only 2x as fast as the EZ fletch. At shops, I see bitzes on a rotating table... and that is 6.

If you use tape, it goes quicker... if you use glue, you still gotta wait. It would seem with 12 jigs, if you are doing one fletch at a time, but they time you get to the 12th, you are ready to start the next feather on the first one and so on. but keep in mind, 12 jigs ain't cheap.

I would say if you wanted to go faster, you just should buy another EZ fletch.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      Well, that is a good question.

Most of the "multiple arrow" jigs that I have seen only fletch one vane/feather at a time. I have seen them up to 6 on one jig, but if you 3x fletch, that is only 2x as fast as the EZ fletch. At shops, I see bitzes on a rotating table... and that is 6.

If you use tape, it goes quicker... if you use glue, you still gotta wait. It would seem with 12 jigs, if you are doing one fletch at a time, but they time you get to the 12th, you are ready to start the next feather on the first one and so on. but keep in mind, 12 jigs ain't cheap.

I would say if you wanted to go faster, you just should buy another EZ fletch.
      Very good point! Had not thought of it that way. With the EZ Fletch...you do get all 3 at the same time. Doing 2 of those would be fast. Wait for 1 to dry while you are working the other.

Comment

Jojan Multi-Fletcher

Comment

I have a Jojan multi and arizona jigs. I still prefer blazers and similar vanes in the arizona. Feathers wont fit in my arizona, so i use the jojan for those.

The arrow should only have to stay in the arizona jig for a minute or so. If its taking longer than that to dry, you may be using to much glue. I just use that time to prep my next arrow. I just do it while watching tv.

Comment

I have the Blitzberger, JoJan Multi, and the Arizona. I use the JoJan mostly as that is what I was using first. The Blitz is good but if you trying to do assembly line work get a couple of the Arizona fletchers and get to it.. Many proshops have a round rotating table full of the Blitz's.. Lots of money tied up I think.. I honestly never thought about doing it quicker. Good luck.

Comment

I've got Bitzenberger and Arizona.

I pick the Arizona every time and get annoyed every time I use the Bitz. With the Arizona, you can do all three fletchings at the same time instead of one at a time. You can do a dozen arrows in a couple of minutes if you get a rhythm going.

Comment

I love my Arizona, super simple. I don't think it's any slower than other fletching jigs. There is no real "fast" way to get fletching done. Unless you bought multiple jigs of course.

Comment

Working...
                X