Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I just buy a bag of the tomcat and leave it under the hood. The rats eat the bait through the bag and they all die.When I run out I just replace with a new bag. Not sure you need all that other stuff Good luck though!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
        I just buy a bag of the tomcat and leave it under the hood. The rats eat the bait through the bag and they all die.When I run out I just replace with a new bag. Not sure you need all that other stuff Good luck though!!!!!!
        Problem with this is I have a dog and so does my Dad. I have done what you suggested and then found the poison out in the field. These stations help reduce that risk.

Comment

I like this idea, will give it a try

Comment

very nice !

Comment

great idea, thanks for the pics. I have the same problem with pets, not wanting them dead!

Comment

Pigs are in the rodent family, can you make these for pigs?

Comment

I have a dog to and he has never even thought about eating any of that stuff. He will smell it and walk off. I guess each dog is different. Good luck with the build

Comment

I had a real mouse/rat problem in my trailer parked at the lease. I put rat poison in and around and it killed a bunch of them, I guess. But they keep coming. Then I thought, why am I putting food in the trailer, by default inviting them in.

I tried everything. Stuff to keep them away, soap, mothballs, you name it.

Then I did this and it helped a LOT.

I looked into a Mouse Blocker, but the word on the street was they get used to the sound and it looses its effeteness.

My approach was three prong, 1) I installed a row of LED lights in the trailer and connected them to a photocell so the lights come on at dark (mice like it dark) and go off in the day. 2) I put a 12v mouse blocker in and connected it to the photo cell and it only runs at night. 3) I removed ALL bait or anything they might enjoy eating.

I have a solar panel to keep the battery charged. The LED's and the blocker use very little amps and the battery stays charged.

My rodent infestation went to near zero and since I have move the trailer to SE OK I have had 0 problems.

Comment

I am interested in this idea. A few LEDs hooked up to some power might be added to my list. I buy the large bag of Tomcat also and the chunk the cubes under the cabin. Inside I mount a few tomcat stations. Along the walls I put sticky pads. I killed many mice last year. My issue is with thumb size lil critters. I have heard that you can dump a few cats around the place and they will be fine. I worry about leaving them in west texas w out water.

Quick story. My place is not near anything. 100 miles from any real city. But one morning as we prepared to go hunt my buddy found a domestic house cat living under our cabin. He came home with him and lived out his years as a fat cat, but I still till this day dont know where he came from. This was during the winter months.

The cat Idea sounds great to me. I just dont know how it could survive in the summer.

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                      I had a real mouse/rat problem in my trailer parked at the lease. I put rat poison in and around and it killed a bunch of them, I guess. But they keep coming. Then I thought, why am I putting food in the trailer, by default inviting them in.

I tried everything. Stuff to keep them away, soap, mothballs, you name it.

Then I did this and it helped a LOT.

I looked into a Mouse Blocker, but the word on the street was they get used to the sound and it looses its effeteness.

My approach was three prong, 1) I installed a row of LED lights in the trailer and connected them to a photocell so the lights come on at dark (mice like it dark) and go off in the day. 2) I put a 12v mouse blocker in and connected it to the photo cell and it only runs at night. 3) I removed ALL bait or anything they might enjoy eating.

I have a solar panel to keep the battery charged. The LED's and the blocker use very little amps and the battery stays charged.

My rodent infestation went to near zero and since I have move the trailer to SE OK I have had 0 problems.

Comment

I'm going to look into the mouse blocker for using under the hood of my truck and ranger.

At this point nothing is over-kill when it comes to stopping these vermin
                        Last edited by ballgame; 08-26-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

When I would leave the Ranger at the lease I throw moth-balls under it. IDK if it helps or not but so far I have not had a rodent problem around the Ranger.

Good luck.

Comment

cool idea.. I guess you could make it smaller if ya wanted. I did try the electronic ones in my travel trailer and they worked for at lease 3 years... then not sure if they tuned it out or the sound diminished... I know I caught 21 field mice in a 6 gallon bucket with feed in the bottom..

Comment

Fresh-cab

Can someone tell me what this is and where to buy please

Comment

Originally posted by cwt1026 View Post
                                Can someone tell me what this is and where to buy please

I got some from amazon. Its not cheap, but it works and is well worth the expense to keep mouse turds out of the camper and keeping them from chewing stuff up.

Comment

Working...
                                X