Hog Hunting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunting Question

Hello I am some what new to Texas, looking for the best place to try my luck for hogs. Any info you can give would be great.

just about everywhere in texas has hogs

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
      just about everywhere in texas has hogs
      VMR, Wes is not kidding. There are some right in your back yard around the lake. Go to the Nature Preserve off Hyw 199 and Confederate Dr. They wont let you shoot them, but they will let you practice running from them on the hikeing trails

Comment

Yes they are everywhere, any of the lakes up there around DFW have them I guarantee, just find out what their hunting policy is.

Comment

There are plenty of hogs on most of the lakes. But in Texas there are a lot of hoops to jump through first
          1 Hunter safety
          2 Permits for property (corp, state)
          3 State regulation
          4 Property boundaries
          5 Property restrictions

Start reading

Comment

Well I've been reading for hours. Ray Roberts seems to be decent. Seems like lots of land. I looked at the land on google earth, and it looks inviting. I have been on TDWP website and cant seem to find if I need a permit or not. I know I need a public hunting lisence, have my hunter ed. What am I forgetting?

Next question is there a good population of hogs a Ray Roberts? I know everyone says they are at all lakes, but some has to have more than others. Also does Roberts get alot of hog hunting pressure?

Thanks for the help guys, anymore you can give would be great.

Comment

Ray Roberts is operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Here is a link to their website:
              Ray Roberts Hunting

Comment

Here is the TPWD information on Ray Roberts:
                Ray Roberts WMA

Comment

What about the LBJ grasslands? Any thoughts

Comment

You need type 2 license to hunt on Ray Roberts WMA.

Comment

Originally posted by vmr View Post
                      What about the LBJ grasslands? Any thoughts
                      It has been my experiance, since mid '80s, there are some there, but they are hard to come by most of the time.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will be out a Ray Roberts next week. Most likely Tues, Wed, Thurs. Like to hunt in the middle of the week due to less traffic.

Comment

Brazos Archery Outfitters.

Comment

I will be at ray roberts on saturday and probably tues. maybe see you out there vmr

Comment

Quickstrike, did you make it out Sat. If so did you see any. I don't want to know where just curious how you did.

Comment

Working...
                              X