Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    www.advancediesel.net

I used these guys for my Dodge Cummins 2500. I ordered the delete kit, H&S Mini Max tuner, straight pipe and muffler kit, pyrometer (highly reccomend) and did it all myself. Ordered my new aftermarket turbo from someone else though.
    Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    Does he work with Ford's too?
    Sackett,
    Advanced is in Angleton. They have done my dads truck, a couple friends, and will do mine here shortly. Good people, that do good work.

Comment

Chris has done all my Duramax and Cummins work for 6 years. I can’t say enough good about him or his work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
        was this cost with dyno test or is that more.

Call and ask. In the past his tunes were done on the dyno but I have heard that had changed.

Comment

Think I may just take a half a day off, and go out there and talk to them personally appreciate all the info y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
            was this cost with dyno test or is that more.
            He charges extra for dyno.
            I think it was around 50-75 bucks.

Comment

Oh heck that’s not bad

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                I had them do my ‘08 about 5-6 years ago. Did an exhaust system with dpf Delete, egr delete and EFI live tuning. It was about $1200.
                Went from 293 rwhp to 433. I was very satisfied and will probably take my ‘15 to him if I keep it past the warranty.

Did the 08 have DEF? When I was looking at Duramax trucks I was getting quotes north of $2k for full deleted with EFI Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just my 2 cents but if your going to delete it don’t be cheap about it. I have a 2010 Duramax I deleted myself. Parts alone I spent around $3000. Went with the Wehril Custon Fab high flow kit (y- bridge, intake, cold and hold intercooler pipes), PPEI Autocal by Kori Willis, Fass 165 lift pump, MPRP 5” turbo back exhaust, MBRP downpipe, PPE up pipes. The truck has never had a single issue and will get up and move like you wouldn’t believe. Some of those cheap delete will end up costing you more money down the road after failed parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Did the 08 have DEF? When I was looking at Duramax trucks I was getting quotes north of $2k for full deleted with EFI Live.

Don’t think GM added DEF until 2011. My 10 didn’t have it.

Comment

relentless diesel performance in Willis

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Don’t think GM added DEF until 2011. My 10 didn’t have it.

Could be. Explains why the cost was higher as I was looking 14 and newer trucks when getting quotes.

On my 2012 Ram I bought all the parts, programmer and tunes and paid $800 labor to have the delete done and studs installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                        Sackett,
                        Advanced is in Angleton. They have done my dads truck, a couple friends, and will do mine here shortly. Good people, that do good work.
                        Good deal, I'm almost to 100k and want to get my DEF and EGR taken care of.

Comment

well I found this on a tbh thread,

Quote:

Well i called Relentless today to get a quote and was told they do not put them on the Dyno anymore if you dont request it and pay for it. They also said they just purchase a single "canned" tune and program your truck... Not sure when they changed.

Comment

Hoytbowhunter no the dyno will cost you probably around 75$ A pull extra. On the Dmax you do not have to delete the EGR, the tune installer will unplug the egr.
                            The EGR delete is more for the need to make big HP numbers, not really needed when making the truck more reliable. Also If you plan to run the tune over the 100hp you will need to add in a lift pump to keep from killn off the CP4 pump.

You may also try MAXXED in Baytown they will do PPIE deletes

Comment

I used Chris a long time ago when I was big into diesels. He is very intelligent, an Aggie, prefers to email, and is tough to get on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick105 View Post
                                Hoytbowhunter no the dyno will cost you probably around 75$ A pull extra. On the Dmax you do not have to delete the EGR, the tune installer will unplug the egr.
                                The EGR delete is more for the need to make big HP numbers, not really needed when making the truck more reliable. Also If you plan to run the tune over the 100hp you will need to add in a lift pump to keep from killn off the CP4 pump.

You may also try MAXXED in Baytown they will do PPIE deletes
                                Got ya, Not really planning on having a race truck just want something reliable good fuel mileage and tow and get rid of def fluid,

Comment

Working...
                                X