S&W M&P Shield.....What caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W M&P Shield.....What caliber?

I'm going to buy an M&P Shield tomorrow, but I can't decide on which caliber. It's going into the EDC rotation alongside an XDS 9.

So from the Shield owners on here, let me here it! Which caliber and why?

And side question for anybody here that has one, is the Performance Center Ported Shield worth the extra $$$?

Following I am leaning towards a .40.

Comment

I am leaning .40 as well. But I can't seem to make up my mind.

9 mm = 1 more round capacity and a lil less muzzle flip and recoil

40 = a lil more punch in same size package.

Decisions, decisions.

Comment

I wouldn't go 40.

To me 40 is too snappy especially on a small frame gun. I'd go 9mm.

Comment

Also.... The difference is stopping power between the 2 rounds is negligible IMO. It's extra recoil that provides little to no advantage.

9mm for faster follow up shots if needed.

Comment

I've got a 40 and it isn't bad to shoot, but I'm not recoil shy and shoot a lot of pistols. Some will say the extra cartridge is better; others will say the added energy is better. If you have a chance to shoot both, I would recommend doing so.

Comment

I have 9mm only because of ammo cost. Not hardly any difference in size on 9-40

God Bless
              Bish

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                Also.... The difference is stopping power between the 2 rounds is negligible IMO. It's extra recoil that provides little to no advantage.

9mm for faster follow up shots if needed.
                Try your splits with both--there is little difference.

Comment

I would go with a 9 personally just cause I already own a 9 and I like multiple firearms per caliber. If I need more than a9 I'll grab a .45

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    Try your splits with both--there is little difference.
                    Accuracy would suffer due to added recoil.

The 9mm is just easier to shoot and more accurate to shoot quickly.

Comment

I own a shield in 9mm and love it.
                      Personally I like to try to stick with one caliber for my hand guns that way I only have to buy ammo for one caliber. Plus 9mm is cheaper than 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                        I would go with a 9 personally just cause I already own a 9 and I like multiple firearms per caliber. If I need more than a9 I'll grab a .45
                        James Yeager said it best. If a 9 won't do the job get a 45. If a 45 won't do the job, you need a rifle.

He has a long video about cartridge selection on YouTube. Pretty interesting and is the persepctive of someone who runs 10's of thousands of rounds a year.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He's an abrasive guy with an arrogant attitude, but he knows his stuff. Don't watch it around your little ones if you have them.

Comment

I'd go 9 myself. I have .380's, 9mm's and .45's. Never saw the need to get a .40.

Now a nice 10mm, I can see the need for.

Comment

9mm for 1 more round in the mag plus 1 more in the spare mag.

Comment

Working...
                              X