Lonnie Dye Longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I ordered mine at the TSLC in 2014 and got it in the fall of 2016. It's absolutely beautiful and shoots like a dream. Smooth as butter! Lonnie did call me a couple of times during that period to update me on progress. I'm tickled with it. Well worth the wait, for me anyway!!!
    What no pic !

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Ellis View Post
      What no pic !
      I'll try and post a couple tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Ellis View Post
        What no pic !
        This is what I was thinking. Not a lot on his website that I could see. But then again, I was using my phone and some websites do better with a desktop.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          The only thing I'm willing to wait that long on is heaven. I've paid off every loan I've had early. I don't wait in line at restaurants or to get a haircut. Taxidermy takes a bit but I quit a great one that took almost two years to get me a mount. Idk how long Bisch has been on the list, and the four years may have been miscommunication but . . . Well, I'm just not that patient. I wouldn't care if it were a Picasso. Sorry.

Gary
          I'm the same way, that's why I never buy customs, I do buy stock bows such as bob lee's but I'm an ILF guy plus I'm impatient....ill buy customs if its used but never new....

Comment

I received word this afternoon that Lonnie had passed away last week!

I have a couple of his carved waterfowl and I will soon be on the search for one of his bows. If anyone has a bow that Lonnie built l, I would entertain purchasing it.

Comment

I hate to hear this news! Lonnie was a good friend and a great bowyer. He will be missed!!!!

RIP, my friend!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So sad to hear. I had heard that Lonnie had been going down hill a while back. Didn’t even remember friends any more. Sad to hear of such a great mind deteriorating like that. I counted his as one of my friends but I lost track of him when he started getting sick. I spent many a night in his shop building my longbow under his tutelage. He was a great mentor. His ability to “read” the wood was amazing and he was second to none in his wood skills.
                God’s speed Lonnie.

Comment

May he rest in peace and eternal light shine upon him.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Lonnie

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Lonnie's passing.
                      RIP Lonnie.

Comment

Sure hate to hear this. I looked online but could not an obituary for him. Does anyone know if he had a family?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Sure hate to hear this. I looked online but could not an obituary for him. Does anyone know if he had a family?
                          He was divorced and had a daughter. That’s all I ever heard him talk about. He and his daughter were close.

Comment

Does anyone know where I could purchase one of Lonnie’s bows?

Long story short, I worked for the family back in the day. His in-laws had a very successful business and I met Lonnie through the business. They gave me my start in the industry and I have managed to do very well scratching out a living and owning my own business related to the same industry.

It’s 3 am in the morning and I just had a dream that is too strange to explain but involved Lonnie and a longbow. I found one of his bows in a closet in the shop. It was wrapped and when I unwrapped it, it was the most beautiful bow that I
                            had even held or seen!

I own several longbows and recurves. I have a couple of my brother’s longbows. I got them after he passed away.

I guess that’s Lonnie telling me to start my search! I’ll call Steve today and start the search.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                              Does anyone know where I could purchase one of Lonnie’s bows?

Long story short, I worked for the family back in the day. His in-laws had a very successful business and I met Lonnie through the business. They gave me my start in the industry and I have managed to do very well scratching out a living and owning my own business related to the same industry.

It’s 3 am in the morning and I just had a dream that is too strange to explain but involved Lonnie and a longbow. I found one of his bows in a closet in the shop. It was wrapped and when I unwrapped it, it was the most beautiful bow that I
                              had even held or seen!

I own several longbows and recurves. I have a couple of my brother’s longbows. I got them after he passed away.

I guess that’s Lonnie telling me to start my search! I’ll call Steve today and start the search.
                              To the best of my knowledge he never made bows for any kind of mass production. Each bow was custom for the individual he was making it for.
                              You have to find someone who owns one that would be willing to part with it or catch one from an estate sale.
                              I have never seen one of Lonnie’s bows for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X