Texas Recurve Championship May 8th-9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Recurve Championship May 8th-9th

Always a great shoot - mark your calendar!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jpegTexas Recurve Championship.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	25243916

In my compound days shot some 3D with targets out to maybe 40 yards on occasion.

I've not yet shot a 3D course for trad. What ranges do you shoot from?

Comment

I’ll be there!

Steve, you won’t find any club in TX that sets a better trad course than Cowtown. Come on up. You’ll have a blast!!!! To answer your question, it will average about 17-22yds with a few real short ones, and a few real long ones.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only 40 yard shot is on a giant bison target. The rest are like Bisch described.
        I'm not gonna steal anybody's buckle or trophy but I always have a blast. I get to see some of the members from here I like and respect as well as meeting new friends. Also I find shooting these courses gets my mind away from that backyard practice focus where the brain is so familiar with the sight picture. Tells me how bad I really am.[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Last edited by DRT; 03-16-2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I'll hopefully be there! Might even try to actually enter a score card instead of just shooting fun rounds.

Comment

Planning to be there. Lord have mercy, this will be embarrasing!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
              Planning to be there. Lord have mercy, this will be embarrasing!
              Glad you are going to join us! Don't worry about embarrassing yourself - we always have a wide range of shooters from green newbies to salty veterans. Their goals vary too - some are seriously vying for a buckle, some just hope to not lose all their arrows. Most are somewhere in between, but everybody has a great time!

Comment

Yeah that's why I don't understand why it's called a "championship". I've fished a lot of tournament circuit championships and it was always for the top individuals or teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Yeah that's why I don't understand why it's called a "championship". I've fished a lot of tournament circuit championships and it was always for the top individuals or teams.

It was before I joined 10 years ago but I think that originally the club named it the "Texas Recurve Championship" as a counterpart to the "Texas Longbow Championship" held down the road at Sherwood Forest.

Comment

What is the difference between the open class, wood class and barebow? Is it based on arrows or bows or both?

Also the verbage on the “no rest/ stabilizer restrictions” is peculiar. Does it mean “no rests and no stabilizers allowed in barebow class? Or does it mean “no restrictions for rests and stabilizers in barebow class”? My logic says “barebow” means no rests and no stabilizers...but just wanna clarify.

Thanks for posting this up Jerp. I hope to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                      What is the difference between the open class, wood class and barebow? Is it based on arrows or bows or both?

Also the verbage on the “no rest/ stabilizer restrictions” is peculiar. Does it mean “no rests and no stabilizers allowed in barebow class? Or does it mean “no restrictions for rests and stabilizers in barebow class”? My logic says “barebow” means no rests and no stabilizers...but just wanna clarify.

Thanks for posting this up Jerp. I hope to make it.
                      Open means any arrows but in reality it means carbons or maybe aluminums. Wood class is wood arrows only. "Barebow" is a bit confusing. We used to call this class "Olympic Recurve" but we were told by a member/bowyer who builds rigs for those shooters that barebow is a better description. In barebow competitions they can use a small stabilizer and a simple rest but no sights. (Olympic bows have sights.)

Hope to see you there Briar Friar!

Comment

If we lose all our arrows can we just throw the bow at the target and get 3 points it we hit it in the head?

I shot my 2nd 3D trad round last Sunday, and might have scored higher if I'd had done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          If we lose all our arrows can we just throw the bow at the target and get 3 points it we hit it in the head?

I shot my 2nd 3D trad round last Sunday, and might have scored higher if I'd had done that.
                          At my first trad 3d I had a clean miss on at least 10 of 30 targets. Luckily I only lost a couple thanks to guys in my group helping me look

Comment

If I'm keeping score I never miss and only occasionally get one out of the 12 ring into the 10 ring.[emoji6]

Comment

Do you have to shoot both days, or can you just shoot one day? I've never done this but it might be fun. But Sunday is out for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X