Draw length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    How about a 52" Kodiak Magnum??? Shot one for years.

Still 2" short of normal 28" draw, poundage drops off and the limbs don't reach full potential.

Maybe a bit more efficient, but still not specifically designed for shorter draw.
    I shot one for years as well. They are hard for me to shoot enough to get good with at my draw length. In your situation, either get a bow five pounds heavier or go with something that can be tailor built to your draw length. Border comes to mind. Another option is a riser with ILF limb fitment. There are now a few 17" ILF risers intended for hunting. Couple one of those with some short or extra short limbs and I'm sure that you can come up with a bow that excels at 26". I'm presently playing with carbon foam limbs and loving the smoothness and cast.
    Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 03-15-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
      There are now a few 17" ILF risers intended for hunting. Couple one of those with some short or extra short limbs and I'm sure that you can come up with a bow that excels at 26".
      Already on order.

Of course, I'm just now getting back into a recurve. Haven't shot much of anything the last 10-12 years. I used to shoot longbow at 58#. The long layoff and being 67 now, kinda puts a stop to using all my old equipment... way too heavy.

If I really, really get back into it, I'll experiment with some limb designs that I myself can make.
      Was on the verge of doing so when I stopped bow hunting.

Comment

Working...
      X