Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you got to be part of it IowaHunter!

Prayers up for you and yours!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

IowaHunter. Thanks for sharing this. Look forward to the video. God bless y’all

Comment

It is good that God lets us enjoy life with his angels on earth for a time and it hurts when He takes them home.
        Prayers up for you and your family.

Comment

Hello all friends and brothers and sisters of the bow,

It's me back again. I started and facilitated this concept years ago. It was not my original idea, as something similar had been done before. This was in fact my second attempt to get a traveling bow started on a journey.

I could not have imagined how well this would work and how many of us would be able to experience the bow. Yes we had a few set backs and repairs along the way, but any epic journey has a few obstacles and set backs.

about four years ago I guess, I was given the opportunity to travel at very little cost. I pretty much hung up my bows and started seeing the world. It was at that time that I asked Bisch to take over the handling of the bow, as I would be out of the country for extended periods. I asked him because he was one of the best hunters, loyal friends, and most trusted people I knew. I felt like he had and deserved everyone's respect. It was suppose to be for a short time, but ended up being years. I can not thank him enough for his commitment and attention to the project.

Now we are at a point where we have exhausted many lists and our little bow has been in a great many hands, often more than once. Bisch has informed me that the bow is on its way back to me. I believe that it is time we give our girl a little rest.

While I have always stated and still feel the bow belongs to the community here, still it must reside somewhere. Because I was the originator of the project, for the time being she will be in my hunting room.

I can't say what the future holds, but it is not out of the question that we might start her again at a later time.

I want to thank everyone who participated, enjoyed the experience, shared their stories, and kept her safe during her adventures.

Wishing you safe and successful hunting,

Mark Johnson AKA Chunky

Comment

Glad things have been good for you Mark. Thank you for letting us share in her journey and in each other's archery journey through her.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the bow back and while I did not put it together or string it, it appears to be in great condition from a quick look. She will be here at the Lost Cow Ranch for now, perhaps next year, we can talk about options. Anyone in the Houston area is welcome to contact me and stop by as always.

Comment

I think it was an awesome run! Sacajawea made it into a LOT of folks hands, and most of us got to know others on the forum just a little bit better. Thanks again Mark for starting this up.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'd love to see a compilation of all the photos of her travels. What a awesome journey. Thank you again.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Here was Kristin shooting the bow. That’s her Optune TTF treatment pack she’s wearing. She was such an amazing trooper!
                      Attached Files

Comment

if Y’all decide to start another travel adventure for the bow I’m very interested

Comment

Working...
                        X