Club car project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club car project

I bought this cart from a buddy and it is in pieces. He moved while he was in the middle of the rebuild. Good news is that I have all the major parts. Not so good news is all the screws nuts and bolts were in a bucket[emoji15] so I do not know what goes where. It has a long travel suspension put on it but I will need to find the correct bolts and nuts. It's a 48volt cart with a 500amp controller and a bigger motor. I also have the stock motor and controller if needed.

Can anyone tell me how to find out what year this thing is.???
    I also need to track down a wiring diagram and maintenance manual for it.
    It will need a new ignition because he can't find the key.

Any tips, tricks, advice and prayers are welcomed.
    This is it in his barn

Dang!
    Do work son!

Comment

Here's the tag on the motor. Anyone know this motor???r

Comment

I found the receipt on the engine. Looks like it's a 5hp high torque motor.

Comment

Comment

Look at GolfCartPartsDirect.com they should have a break out of every thing you need to rebuild your cart. I have used them several times to rebuild carts.

Comment

Message Bowslayer. I'm sure he can get you headed in the right direction.

Comment

Under the dash there will be some numbers on a sticker. Take a pic and post it.

Comment

Also go check out buggiesgonewild.com

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Also go check out buggiesgonewild.com
                    Buggies gone wild

Comment

With that motor and a 500 amp controller, that thing is going to be a beast when your done. Shouldn't need a new ignition. Most of the keys fit most club cars. Just order one on amazon. That lift is a really good one too. It costs about $900 new. As far as the year goes, it'll be mixed into the serial number. Trying to remember, but I think the year is the 1st two numbers in the serial number. A quick Google search brought a breakdown of what the numbers in the serial number mean when I was trying to find the same information about my cart.

Also, I got quite a bit of information from the Buggies Gone Wild forum.

Comment

My ignition kept coming apart, so I just used a toggle switch. That may be a cheaper alternative for you.

Comment

If you part with your older rims and tires (that are on the cart in the pics), I'd be interested.

Club car keys are all the same. Can probably swindle one from your local golf course.

Comment

Here is the only tag I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                              If you part with your older rims and tires (that are on the cart in the pics), I'd be interested.

Club car keys are all the same. Can probably swindle one from your local golf course.

Lglifewell--- I will let you know if I part with the original tires. They are 22's and if I turn this into a hunting cart, I might get rid of the bling wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X