Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made a target butt out of ceiling tiles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a target butt out of ceiling tiles.

Company I work was replacing a bunch of the ceiling tiles and decided to put some to use.
    I cut them in have, build the wooded frames and used all thread to squeeze them together. No broad heads, just filed points.
    Buddy made one of these about 25 years ago and it only lasted 15 years, setting outside, so we will see how long this one last.
    Attached Files

Thats pretty cool

Comment

Awesome idea, wish I would have thought of it cause we just did the same thing where I work.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
        Company I work was replacing a bunch of the ceiling tiles and decided to put some to use.
        I cut them in have, build the wooded frames and used all thread to squeeze them together. No broad heads, just filed points.
        Buddy made one of these about 25 years ago and it only lasted 15 years, setting outside, so we will see how long this one last.
        It only last 15 years?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
          It only last 15 years?
          that was my thought as well

Comment

Insert sarcasm before and after the "only" part of the sentence

Comment

I'd bet that will be pretty heavy. Shouldn't have any problems with the wind blowing it over.

Comment

Wow interesting I would think they would fall apart after a few shots ?

Comment

15 years is good enough in my book. Pretty interesting and simple design.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                      I'd bet that will be pretty heavy. Shouldn't have any problems with the wind blowing it over.
                      Yip, a bit heavy. It was fun pulling it around to the front of the house thru the grass strapped to a 2 wheel dolly!!
                      I do need to add a "Leg" to the bottom to keep it from falling over and crushing my grandkids when they pull the arrows....
                      I was wanting to be able to turn it 90 degrees to get it out of the way....but.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                        Wow interesting I would think they would fall apart after a few shots ?
                        I am going with this. Ceiling tile is very weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          I am going with this. Ceiling tile is very weak.
                          apparently not when you press it tight with about 50 more

Great idea

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            apparently not when you press it tight with about 50 more

Great idea
                            I hope it works for him, but I have also worked with it enough to know that it doesn't take much to turn it to dust.

Comment

I think your friend made his out of asbestos ceiling tiles if it lasted 15 years

Comment

Working...
                              X