Stand-alone bow rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand-alone bow rack

I decided to build a rack for our cabin to hold our bows and get the bow cases out of the way. Kind of took a few different ideas from the GS and tossed them together.

This is about half way built, still trying to make my thoughts into tangible evidence

This is the finished product. (I will put a little floor on it eventually, but no time to do that before our trip this weekend.)

Comment

After a bit of "stress testing", the wood decided to split. It will still hold a bow for now, and both of the split pieces are on the top of the rack, so I will replace them next week when we get back, along with skinning the floor

Comment

Try nails, they've workedfor centuries and don't split the wood like screws.

Comment

Or pre drill the holes, Im not a fan of nails but then again I over engineer everything I build

Comment

^^^^^^^^^
            This

Comment

Thanks for the idea. Had some scrap wood and helped my 9 year old build this one. It is going to be screwed down on a platform for a pop up blind. Not pretty but it should work!!!

Comment

can't wait to see the finished product. how many bows will you be able to hang on it?

Comment

that will be handy

Comment

Originally posted by texag87 View Post
                    ^^^^^^^^^
                    This

Yep. And or titebond III glue if you never want to take it part. (Don't ask)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaq View Post
                      can't wait to see the finished product. how many bows will you be able to hang on it?
                      It'll be a 4 bow for now, but I am probably gonna figure out a way to fit 6 total

Comment

Stand-alone bow rack

I had a chance to re-build the top. It is nice and sturdy now with little chance of dropping a bow.

Comment

I'm going to screw the top back on to the platform this weekend. Heading down for a quick trip to get the cabin winter-ready and do a little morning hunt.

Comment

Pre-drill with a small bolt and washers and it will hold strong for quite some time. Wood glue is your friend as well. You would be surprised how strong some tight bond III is.
                            Cool design though. I may "borrow" it to make one for shooting around the house.

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
                              Pre-drill with a small bolt and washers and it will hold strong for quite some time. Wood glue is your friend as well. You would be surprised how strong some tight bond III is.
                              Cool design though. I may "borrow" it to make one for shooting around the house.
                              I screw the top on top of the 2x4, so there isn't really a place to have a bolt running through it. But, I'll probably sink some glue into each pre-drilled screw hole and screw it down. Thanks for the tip!

Also, borrow away! I just pieces this together, and I know there are better and lighter designs out there

Comment

Working...
                              X