No announcement yet.

Outhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you set that in the right spot it could double as a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
      If you set that in the right spot it could double as a blind.
      Was thinking the same thing. Put a deer view window on the side so you can take a shot out of it if needed.

Keep the seat round and not a triangle/wedge shape. Otherwise coming off that seat quickly from the black cats could cause you to hang up on the seat.

Comment

Nice job. Heck of a set up.

Comment

We had ours over a hole and would slide it over another every view years. Kept a sack of lime inside with a coffee can to cover the new arrivals. Always wanted to build a two holer.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
            We had ours over a hole and would slide it over another every view years. Kept a sack of lime inside with a coffee can to cover the new arrivals. Always wanted to build a two holer.
            Yeah, putting it over a hole would be the best choice. But, the area around our camp in a few inches of soil, then you hit nothing but rock. Digging a hole really isn't an option there, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              Yeah, putting it over a hole would be the best choice. But, the area around our camp in a few inches of soil, then you hit nothing but rock. Digging a hole really isn't an option there, unfortunately.
              Maybe over the sunroof of your best enemy?

Comment

I like the toilet paper holder, but we have discovered that the TP lasts longer if we keep it sealed in a baggie (keeps mice away from it better).

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                  I like the toilet paper holder, but we have discovered that the TP lasts longer if we keep it sealed in a baggie (keeps mice away from it better).
                  Agreed. I'm already figuring out that the moisture in the air alone makes the paper a bit more difficult to use.

Comment

BABY WIPES --

Keep a big baggie of DIAPER WIPES in there and you will always be FRESH and CLEAN.

Also - MOTH BALLS..

Throw a Big Handful of MOTHBALLS inside the backdoor and you will keep the mice away !

Comment

Originally posted by eltacs View Post
                      BABY WIPES --

Keep a big baggie of DIAPER WIPES in there and you will always be FRESH and CLEAN.

Also - MOTH BALLS..

Throw a Big Handful of MOTHBALLS inside the backdoor and you will keep the mice away !
                      Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                        I actually wrote S#%thouse rules on the door. Rule number 1# is if you use this S#%thouse, be willing to dump the bucket.

Additionally, I've left a Sharpie on the little shelf in there and encouraged graffiti and users to sign the wall. After all, it wouldn't be a proper S#%thouse without appropriate graffiti on the walls, right?
                        I like the way you think ! I could contribute, but it wouldn't be appropriate!

Comment

I would be honored to throw some mud in something that nice. You did good!

Comment

This looks almost identical to ours. We got tired of "bucket duty" duty at the end of every hunting weekend so we have recently brought out the auger to dig through the rock out at our place. Got down about 4-5 ft and the drill gave out. Good enough for quite a few years anyways. Cut a hole in the bottom of the floor where the bucket used to sit and stapled a pee tarp up against the plywood so it didn't rot out...

Comment

Nice Job!!

Comment

Working...
                              X