Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
    Maybe dumb question but what type & size nails did you use
    I used deck screws to attach head and foot boards to legs (with glue). Everything else used 0.8 mm x 1.25" finish nails with lots of wood glue.

Thanks for the compliments. It is solid and I know it won't come apart. I can't stand particle board furniture so went with higher end plywood.

Comment

looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        I used deck screws to attach head and foot boards to legs (with glue). Everything else used 0.8 mm x 1.25" finish nails with lots of wood glue.

Thanks for the compliments. It is solid and I know it won't come apart. I can't stand particle board furniture so went with higher end plywood.
        Thanks for the info......gonna try my hand at putting one together

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Good work

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                I hope you got that wood free because IKEA beds can be had for $50 off cragislist
                But I'm sure you get the satisfaction of telling your lakehouse guest you made the bed they're sleeping on with your barehands

NICE LOOKING BED!!!
                I originally thought of just using an old cedar fence. The cost would have been next to nothing (plywood and hardware), but I had one afternoon and two evenings after work to get it finished and I had no old fence materials. Besides, my wife wanted a fresh cedar smell.

P.S. I have had and seen enough IKEA furniture that I will never go in that store again and I certainly won't bring IKEA furniture in my house again. I am NOT a craftsman! Anyone can build this. And with a little patience and searching, you could build this for next to nothing.

My wife now wants me to build another one with a different headboard design. I REALLY want to do it with weathered wood but, she won't go for it. That is a battle not worth fighting.

Comment

So when are you building the night stands for the lamp sitting on the floor great work she will really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty5 View Post
                    So when are you building the night stands for the lamp sitting on the floor great work she will really appreciate it
                    😎 A man has to draw the line somewhere. Don't think she hasn't asked.

Thanks for the kudos.

Comment

Really well done. Stain looks awesome.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rush2Judge;10776240]�� A man has to draw the line somewhere. Don't think she hasn't asked.

Wherever she asks you to draw it right? .

Awesome looking bed. And your right. It aint ever gonna come apart. That thing looks solid.

Comment

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Outstanding job

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                                X