Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County
Default $37M!?! Am I missing something !

So the family of Korryn Gaines, Was awarded $37 million yesterday in a wrongful death suit. Now perhaps I’m missing something, and if I am please chime in, but what the **** is wrong with this world?! She had a traffic run-in with the law where she acted out of her mind, kept telling the officers they were going to have to killer, kept telling her children in the car to fight the police, that police kill people like them, and all kinds of absurd things.
Somewhere down the line, the Baltimore Police Department attempted to serve her and another male at the residence with warrants for their arrest, and she as after police arrived she was loading a shotgun on the floor with a child sitting next to her as the police stand at the door. Reports are After 10 minutes knocking they retrieve the key from the landlord who then open the door. Upon opening the doorShe had a child in one hand and a shotgun in the other! Sounds like a terror tactic that Isis and other sick *******s use! Small children as human shields, or possibly she was thinking the police would not fire at her while holding her child so she could in turn fire at them! The report is after several hours negotiation she raised the shotgun at the police told them she was going to kill them and they opened fire, rightfully so. Now can someone explain to me how in the world herFamily was just awarded $37 million!!!?!!!

Traffic stop https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etJ4VA3SPX8
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
UncleBubba
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.

Sign of the times unfortunately, things are getting ridiculous in the USA. Hope itís not to far gone with the current generation. Going to take a long time to turn it around if we can...
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

Did you happen to see the jury panel? That may help you understand.
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #4
DKey88
Four Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBubba View Post
Sign of the times unfortunately, things are getting ridiculous in the USA. Hope itís not to far gone with the current generation. Going to take a long time to turn it around if we can...
Sadly you are correct! I love My Country but it has quickly gone to $#!+
DKey88 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
comanche5
Four Point

Hunt In: McCulloch Co., Robertson Co.
Default 37m

A Civil War is coming! We cannot continue to allow such Stupidity in this country and expect to live in a Nation of Freedom. Enough said.
comanche5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

Probably give her her own showcase in a museum, like they did sandra bland
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

They were awarded 37mil but will only get a few hundred k.
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #8
trophyhunter01
Eight Point

Hunt In: Walker County on the river

Baltimore is an area that is in total chaos. One day they hate the Po - lice and the next day they want the police to save them from the criminals. Worst part is they all get to vote.
trophyhunter01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #9
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Lay all of this at the door of the Democrat party, starting with Franklin D Roosevelt.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #10
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
That's not the point, though.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #11
skeeterboud
Four Point

I think we are too far gone. unfortunately, money is the only way. and the ones that can make a difference have too much to lose
skeeterboud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #12
silentstalker92
Six Point

Hunt In: votaw

Try being a backwoods gun totin redneck that's classified as a millennial and has to deal with being compared to these snowflake tree huggin *******s. Their wont be a civil war tho. Snowflakes think an AR is menacing and will give them ptsd.
silentstalker92 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 11:12 AM   #13
ladrones
Pope & Young

Probably could have settled the case for <10 million. Would have been a bargain over the jury award.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #14
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

This is absolutely the solution:

2Ch 7:12 Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
2Ch 7:13 "If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,
2Ch 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2Ch 7:15 "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.
2Ch 7:16 "For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.

Short of this, we shall go the way of Sodom and Gomorrah, The Roman Empire and so many more civilizations who have turned their backs on the God of the universe...

I pray for an awakening... It is as plain as can be that God is near to removing His bless ing from this once great Nation that honored and lived by His ways...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #15
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

2Ch 7:12 Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
2Ch 7:13 "If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,
2Ch 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2Ch 7:15 "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.
2Ch 7:16 "For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.

Short of this, we shall go the way of Sodom and Gomorrah, The Roman Empire and so many more civilizations who have turned their backs on the God of the universe...

I pray for an awakening... It is as plain as can be that God is near to removing His bless ing from this once great Nation that honored and lived by His ways...

Amen Charlie!
Old 02-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #16
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullersboy View Post
That's not the point, though.

I know thatís not the point... I couldnít watch the whole video as it made my blood boil. She was a complete waste of oxygen.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #17
JLivi1224
Ten Point

This false narrative against LEO is sickening. Raising your children that the police are the bad guys and out to kill civilians is appalling and disgusting, and boils my blood!
Old 02-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #18
tgil
Pope & Young

Never heard of her before this thread. Pitiful existence, teaching her kids that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
tgil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #19
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche5 View Post
A Civil War is coming! We cannot continue to allow such Stupidity in this country and expect to live in a Nation of Freedom. Enough said.
And long overdue.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #20
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Lots of crazy jury awards---like the recent trial in SA involving a family suing a funeral home because they lost their daughter's body---$6 mil+ award.

Or, the one in NYC awarding the graffiti artists $7 mil because the building owner knocked down the defaced buildings to build on the property.

Jury members thinking that "if I'm ever in one of these, maybe folks will remember and I'll hit the jackpot?"
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #21
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakin7005 View Post
Did you happen to see the jury panel? That may help you understand.
Yup. A jury of her peers. Truly her peers.
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #22
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
$37M!?! Am I missing something !
Six woman jury..........
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #23
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Unbelievable.. Everything is azz backwards these days... We are circling the drain as a country.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #24
M.E.B.
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Amen.
M.E.B. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #25
coon007
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Tx and Hill country

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffer View Post
Lots of crazy jury awards---like the recent trial in SA involving a family suing a funeral home because they lost their daughter's body---$6 mil+ award.

Or, the one in NYC awarding the graffiti artists $7 mil because the building owner knocked down the defaced buildings to build on the property.

Jury members thinking that "if I'm ever in one of these, maybe folks will remember and I'll hit the jackpot?"
I'd be ticked of if they lost my loved ones body, how in the the hell do you lose a body. screw the graffiti guys
coon007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 05:34 PM   #26
stikflipr
Four Point

Hunt In: Sutton Bexar

Smh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stikflipr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #27
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Snowball headed for Hell song comes to mind.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 06:04 PM   #28
JLivi1224
Ten Point

I mean this just blows my mind. I know we are on a slippery slope in this country , but this is outrageous!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #29
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
I am ignorant as to how such awards are paid out. Curious if you would share your knowledge on how these type of settlements work. I am aware that most attorneys take 40% right of the bat.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #30
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
I am ignorant as to how such awards are paid out. Curious if you would share your knowledge on how these type of settlements work. I am aware that most attorneys take 40% right of the bat.

States are capped at the amount they have to pay to plaintiffs. Even though her family was awarded 37mil they might only have to pay $250k.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #31
ldoyle
Eight Point

Hunt In: SW Colorado , Utopia Texas , Leaky Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
This false narrative against LEO is sickening. Raising your children that the police are the bad guys and out to kill civilians is appalling and disgusting, and boils my blood!
Anti establishment , anti police , anti government , anti everything ............except free handouts ! Seems like this is the norm for lots of ......
people !
ldoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #32
ReneC.
Four Point

Hunt In: Searching

Unbelievable! I watched the traffic video. She is teaching division to the kids . They are innocent in every way. Itís sad to see this is the way we are going as country. Goes to show you racism is thought and itís on all sides black, white, Hispanic doesnít matter. I still donít understand how this warrants a 37 million dollar award. Iím digging up the shooting , Iíd like to see what thatís all about .
ReneC. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #33
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneC. View Post
Unbelievable! I watched the traffic video. She is teaching division to the kids . They are innocent in every way. Itís sad to see this is the way we are going as country. Goes to show you racism is thought and itís on all sides black, white, Hispanic doesnít matter. I still donít understand how this warrants a 37 million dollar award. Iím digging up the shooting , Iíd like to see what thatís all about .
Thereís a lot of false chatter out there from the left thatís been debunked on this one. Iím sure youíll come across most of it.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #34
loanranger
Four Point

Hunt In: More Places than I care to Admit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR 314 View Post
Yup. A jury of her peers. Truly her peers.
This!
loanranger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #35
Leon County Slayer
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Camo (Leon County) - Knifemaker<><

This is all crazy. She obviously was mentally ill and accurately predicted the outcome( that she would die and her children would be paid)Too bad they couldn’t get her help and now we are paying for an accurate response to a real threat that might have been avoided. As others have said, it’s a sign of the times and of what’s to come. There’s a real need to figure out how to deal with mental illness that is so prevalent in our society.
Leon County Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top