Boat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat help

Bought a 1990 force 15hp two stroke from a gentleman on here and he sent me video of it running other day. It had been sitting for years. Well today after driving 20 miles with it laying in my truck. I try to fire it up and it won’t even turn over and fuel is getting to the spark plug. Probably to much though.

List of things done

Used different fuel
    Removed carb and drianed bowel and cleaned with car cleaber( not a gasket kit or removal of jets)

Only issue I have found was the primer is not working.

Well after all that it still not turning over. Any advice would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by stixx; 02-18-2018, 07:01 PM.

And by turn over I mean when I pull it will turn but will not even try to fire, and I know I’m getting spark at the plugs. Saw and felt it.

Comment

Can you get the fly wheel to turn?

Comment

Spark, fuel/air, compression. At least one is missing. Try a shot of carb cleaner in the carb throats while cranking. Pull start motors are hard to tune until you get them started.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
          Can you get the fly wheel to turn?
          Yes it was, it was spinning fine.

Comment

Sorry just now saw your second comment. And you getting spark eliminates what I was about to ask

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Spark, fuel/air, compression. At least one is missing. Try a shot of carb cleaner in the carb throats while cranking.
              Will have to try that in the morning. Getting pretty discouraged that I drive 600 miles round trip and now nothing.

Comment

120hp?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                  120hp?
                  No sorry, 15hp.

Comment

get you a spray can of berryman's B12 and spray a little shot of it in the air intake with the choke wide open then give it a pull. if it busts off you probably have some carb or fuel problems, if not you may be looking at a compression issue. Make sure the fuel if flowing as it should, you may pull the line when trying to start it to see if fuel pulses out. Sound like you have spark so give that a try and report back, lol. Good luck.

Comment

You had me at Force

Comment

Things I would do:

1. Disconnect fuel line from motor and drain carbs.

2. Remove carb bowls and use carb cleaner with a straw to spray through every little hole you can find.

3. Remove fuel filter and replace. If there is an air cleaner, remove that too.

4. Put a few drops of gas in each cylinder and quickly install brand new spark plugs, that are correctly gapped and torqued.

5. Fire motor. It should run immediately and only for a second.

If not firing, dig into spark distribution.

6. Hook up fuel line with new gas and fire motor.

If not running, remove spark plugs. They should be wet and/or smell like gas. If not, dig into fuel delivery system (tank, hoses, carbs).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh! And check that the carb float and needle isnt stuck (be gentle). That could be keeping the fuel from flowing and is a very common issue.

The tip of the float needle is rubber and ethanol destroys them. The hinge can also get corroded so that it wont swing down into the open position.
                          Last edited by LakeJake; 02-18-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I see where you hunt, but where do you have the motor?

Comment

Orange County.

Comment

Working...
                              X