Question about National Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not watched national news for several months. However, last night I was watching local news and they were covering the National Guard "protecting" the Capital. I noticed that not a single soldier they showed had a magazine in his rifle. Is this SOP to guard something with an unloaded rifle?

Blows my mind! How stupid

Comment

An unloaded Rifle is just an awkward club!

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
        I have not watched national news for several months. However, last night I was watching local news and they were covering the National Guard "protecting" the Capital. I noticed that not a single soldier they showed had a magazine in his rifle. Is this SOP to guard something with an unloaded rifle?
        It wasn't when I was an active duty Marine. We even had a round chambered.

I believe it's all part of the Democrat narrative for gun confiscations

Oh we don't FEEL safe look what extreme measures WE HAVE to take to FEEL safe.
        The ONLY way we'll safe is to outlaw all the guns and do away with the 2nd Amendment..
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 03-05-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

If I was protecting Biden I'd forget to put the magazine in mine too.

At the first sign of trouble I'd drop my rifle and point my finger at the threat. Pew,pew,bang,bang,bang,pow,pow!!!
          Last edited by okrattler; 03-05-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Might have something to do with the military not being able to take up arms against its citizenry in the constitution.

Comment

I heard a blip that the NG are having to sleep on concrete in parking garages and feed raw or under cooked meat. Several Guards became sick.

Comment

Retired Guard here. Doesn’t surprise me for second.

Trust me, they are far more likely to have a negligent discharge in this situation than to have to engage “a threat”. No general is wanting to have to explain some round going off and bouncing off the capitol building.

They probably do carry a magazine or few in their pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  It wasn't when I was an active duty Marine. We even had a round chambered.

I believe it's all part of the Democrat narrative for gun confiscations

Oh we don't FEEL safe look what extreme measures WE HAVE to take to FEEL safe.
                  The ONLY way we'll safe is to outlaw all the guns and do away with the 2nd Amendment..
                  Wasn't the case in Beirut. Marine mag wells empty...lesson learned, what I heard while in those years.

Comment

Maybe 30 rd mags are illegal in DC

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                      Might have something to do with the military not being able to take up arms against its citizenry in the constitution.
                      I don’t think there is such a section in the Constitution.

Even the Posse Comitatus Act which forbids the Army and Air Force to enforce civilian laws, doesn’t cover the NG unless they are activated. That is from law, ot the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                        Retired Guard here. Doesn’t surprise me for second.

Trust me, they are far more likely to have a negligent discharge in this situation than to have to engage “a threat”. No general is wanting to have to explain some round going off and bouncing off the capitol building.

They probably do carry a magazine or few in their pockets.
                        Kind of what I figured. Not a real threat. There for show (politics) to scare people. Have bullets close by in case they were wrong. Just feel bad for the soldiers that have to stand there with an unloaded weapon. Knowing that if it really hits the fan, they are going to be too slow and not really prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                          Wasn't the case in Beirut. Marine mag wells empty...lesson learned, what I heard while in those years.
                          [emoji1303]

Comment

didnt want any antifa members shot

Comment

My understanding is there’s different “levels” of protection, or guard, they provide.
                              Level 1 full mag, locked and loaded
                              Level 2 no mags/ammo in weapon
                              Level 3 no mags/ammo on person
                              Level 4 no weapons
                              I don’t remember what they’re called so I just called it levels. They may be colors (green, orange, red, whatever) or something along these lines.

This could be all wrong but I read it somewhere when all this started going down.
                              Last edited by LFD2037; 03-05-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X