No announcement yet.

Units 122 & 125 in Newton Cty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted public for years in Newton County. These days not so much. I just scout it. Love walking them woods.

Comment

Sounds like a good time to me.

Comment

If you don't mind putting in the work, it can be a good time.

Comment

Anyone going to be in #122 this weekend?

Comment

Bump. Any updates for 122 from this past season?

Comment

A few decent deer were harvested. I'm not tracking anything really nice this year but the hurricane messed 122 up pretty bad.

Comment

Has anybody seen Turkeys on or around the unit lately?

Comment

Just a heads up I made a scouting trip out there today and ran into a game warden, and he said you have to download the my harvest app for tpwd and check in and out while your in the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger88 View Post
                    Just a heads up I made a scouting trip out there today and ran into a game warden, and he said you have to download the my harvest app for tpwd and check in and out while your in the unit.

Is that in a rule book? How do they enforce it I wonder.

Comment

I just looked and couldn't find it in the rules. Maybe you're hunting the same buck he is

Comment

Units 122 & 125 in Newton Cty

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                        Is that in a rule book? How do they enforce it I wonder.

I believe he said it was in the public land book we get in the mail I can’t remember . He said it caught them off guard also when they were told about it.

Last edited by Arrow Slinger88; 09-16-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Its an option to use other than the paper harvest data cards you must fill out when going in and out, unless they did away with those with covid

Comment

Here is the information he is referring to. It is mandatory for unit #122 to electronically register when entering and exiting the unit as of this year.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bossbowman, unit #122 doesn't have paper options. It is electronic only through the TPWD My Texas Hunt Harvest Application.

Comment

If you want to read more details I retrieved that information from the 2021-2022 TPWD Public Hunting Lands booklet which is downloadable online but is also mailed to people who purchase the Annual Public Hunting Permit or Limited Use Permit. It contains the additional rules and regulations for all public lands and specific units.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X