Need Smith value help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Smith value help

My Dad is here with his last service revolver and I want to give him a fair offer for it.

Smith & Wesson 19-5.
    AJU7435

G2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give him as much as he wants. Good luck with the buy, because some things just can't be bought.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
      Give him as much as he wants. Good luck with the buy, because some things just can't be bought.

He doesn’t want anything. I’m giving him a Ruger LCR just so they have something my Mom can handle. I want to know a value on the Smith to feel right about it and give them the cash difference.

Comment

my opinion would be $650 to $750

Comment

Try gunbroker for a good estimate. Just from what I've seen they start around $650 and go up.

Comment

It's hard to tell the condition but I would say $600 is a fair window to discuss from what I'm seeing on the few nickels that sold on GB.

Comment

Condition is excellent. He traded his little detective Colt snubby for this brand new right at the end of his career when he did a short stint as a patrol commander. Shot it for qualifying maybe once or twice and that’s it. Doesn’t even show holster wear and has been in a drawer since 96.

Comment

600-700 in that condition

Comment

Does your father have the original box, documents and tools that came with it? I tend to doubt it based on your write-up. A 4.0 inch barreled Model 19 is a fairly desirable piece to both collectors and shooters. Assuming the nickel finish is from the factory, in my opinion, enhances the desirability and adds to the prices. Neglecting any sentimental attachment, and assuming it is in excellent condition, I'd estimate the value (fair market value) at $750.00 - $850.00.

I doubt you'd have very much, if any problems reselling the piece if you wanted to.

Best of luck,

Dave

Comment

Never intend to sell and he won’t take my cash. Did the swap though. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

My dad gave me his model 29 he used on patrol and his walther ppk he carried off duty. He said here I know you will value these as much as I did. I did buy him a Belgium made over/under and before is passing he gave that and a few other guns to me. I also carried his ppk as an off duty weapon when we were still allowed before we were issued glocks

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Never intend to sell and he won’t take my cash. Did the swap though. Thanks for all the input.

just give the money to Mom---or be ready to help out every way you can---parents do that for their kiddos and kiddos should do the same for Mom 'n Dad.

Comment

Sometimes Dad's just want to give there kids something. It makes us feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                            Sometimes Dad's just want to give there kids something. It makes us feel good.
                            I usually give mine a hard time lol

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              My Dad is here with his last service revolver and I want to give him a fair offer for it.

Smith & Wesson 19-5.
                              AJU7435

G2

Man, that is pretty. Im glad your dad worked with you on the cash price lol. When you go shoot it, show us the results. ive never shot a revolver before. hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X