This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
    Got drawn for Hagerman segment C, but looks like Gonna be 30 Days too late to hunt the Hag with Sacajawea . Man that would have been cool!
    Do you need her 30 days sooner or later? If sooner we might be able to swap spots if Bisch is fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
      Do you need her 30 days sooner or later? If sooner we might be able to swap spots if Bisch is fine with it.
      Well my Hunt is Dec 4-6 Really just depends on how it all works out honestly but there is plenty of time between now and then to figure it out i think. I appreciate the offer though and if we could work something like that out It would be awesome.

Comment

I have no problems with a swap if y’all can work it out. Just keep us up to date.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang man with those dates us swapping wont help you any. Looks like I'll be October and you will be November roughly.

Comment

Well fellas the storm really messed up my time with her but shes in the mail and on her way

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
              Well fellas the storm really messed up my time with her but shes in the mail and on her way

I just received her, safe and sound. She looks just as good now, as she did 4 or 5 years ago the last time we meet. Ya'll guys have really taken excellent care of her.

Strung her up and launch a dozen arrows out the back door at my target. Not too bad. I might try her with the other string as the nock point was a little low.

Looking forward to my time with her and hoping to find a place to take a hog with her.

Comment

Great news brother

Comment

Incredible thread. I would like the opportunity to experience this bow please.

I’d love to be added to this list.

Comment

Here is my first Bio from 6 years ago.

I guess I'll start with what is the same and finish up with everything that has changed. My name is still Jay Horn and I still have 3 Children and a lovely wife. Still live in Manvel, Tx and I still Work for NASA. This is the last picture where we were all together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_440812496378395 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	24632091

Our oldest did graduate from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a Space physics degree and a minor in computer science. After collage, he moved to Baltimore where he took a job with a DOD contractor. He worked there a year, and was offered a position at Lockheed Martin in Denver, where he works now. Little **** makes A LOT of money for being only 25. He is also attending John Hopkins where he will complete his master’s degree. He’s growing up nicely, falling in and out of love; and learning all that stuff grownups must do. We are very proud of him.

Name:	FB_IMG_1600517522367.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24632092

Clay, our middle son, has really given us a wild ride these last few years. Him and I got to meet our President, and a lot of other government officials.

Name:	Horn1.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24632094

Not how I would have liked to get to meet them but, we can check that off the list now. Clay’s recovery, after the shooting has been extraordinary, to say the least. He’s really matured in a lot of ways and is learning to navigate, life after high school and the added responsibilities that brings. He’s still only 20, so he has another year before he knows it all. Currently he’s enrolled in an EMT program, with plans on becoming a Firefighter upon graduation.

Name:	20200207_195314.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	24632093

He came by the other day and got to fling a few arrows with me. I let him shoot Sac a few times and he fell in love with her.

Name:	20200915_184436.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24632099

And then there is Ryanne. Full of sass and personality, and smart as a whip.

Name:	FB_IMG_1600521292728.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	24632095

Name:	FB_IMG_1600521306316.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	24632096

She is Daddies girl. Loves hunting and fishing just enough to let me drag her along from time to time .

Name:	FB_IMG_1600521315155.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	24632097

Name:	20200321_095144.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	24632100

Name:	20190720_220451.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	24632098

She’s growing into a young woman and that scares the heck out of me. She has a good mama that teaches her right and ever now and then I get to put my $.02 in.

Speaking of Mama, she keeps us all growned while juggleing school, work, and a youth ministry. She recently finish her dergree and is now going for her master. She also just change careers, becoming a 4th grade ELA teacher. She drives me crazy sometime, but I love her with all my heart.

Name:	FB_IMG_1596422424201.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24632101

That brings us to the biggest change that has happened to us all. We found a church home and have all started attending regularly. A few months before Hurricane Harvey, we had a boating accident that got me to thinking how I needed to stop taking God’s grace and mercy for granted. Then Harvey hit and Gods grace spared us again. My wife and Ryanne went down to a local Church to help with the shelter. We saw so many people in our community come together and help our fellow neighbors. We started attending regularly and, got involved with student ministry and volunteered in other areas in the church.

Little did we know, God was preparing us, placing new friend around us, that would help us through the biggest storm of our lives. On May 18, 2018, Clay was shoot while in art class at Santa fe high school. His recovery, and miracles that played out before us in the months since, have given us a new faith. God has reviled himself to us in so many ways. I am so thankful for his grace and mercy and I want to be a better example for my family.

For me, TBH has played a huge role in the building my faith. I come here often to pray for others and ask for prayers. Who knew that this place would have so many men that openly proclaime, Jesus is Lord. Its inspired me to be more open and public with my faith. I still fall short every day, but I get right back up and try to do better the next day.

Well, that’s me in a nutshell. I sure wish I could get to hunt with Sac before I send her along. I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to. I do shoot her every day and really like her feel. I know I’m going to have to make a trip to see Bob and pick out one of his fine bows. Thanks for letting me contribute to her travels again.

Comment

Amazing testimony and write-up. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Great writeup.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                          Great writeup.
                          Thanks. My English teacher wife says that I have to let her proofread anything that I attach her picture too from here on out.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like ElfEyes is next on the list. PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              Thanks. My English teacher wife says that I have to let her proofread anything that I attach her picture too from here on out.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                              I quit doing employee evaluations and project write ups at home for that reason.

Comment

Awesome write up Hoggslayer! You seem to definitely be on the right path! Good luck to you and yours, sir.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X