Need a new rifle - can’t decide which one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new rifle - can’t decide which one

I’m in the market for either a 6.5 CM or 6.5 PRC. I’ve been looking at the Browning Hell’s Canyon Speed, Bergara Wilderness B-14 and a Christensen Arms Mesa. I am really digging the CA Mesa but there’s not a ton of real world reviews on it. Anyone have one or any of the other rifles I listed? I go back and forth daily on what I want. I’ve found all 3 in the store so I’ve been able to compare all of them next to each other. I’d like to hear any of your experiences with these rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of all the ones you mentioned, I will go with the Christensen Arms Mesa 6.5 PRC.

Comment

Get both! I did this week. But I got the Savage Axis 6.5 CM and it shot great right out of the box.

I also got my dream rifle. Browning x-bolt Hell’s Canyon speed in .270.

I’m thinking of getting a matching 300 WinMag in hells canyon- which I believe they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
        Get both! I did this week. But I got the Savage Axis 6.5 CM and it shot great right out of the box.

I also got my dream rifle. Browning x-bolt Hell’s Canyon speed in .270.

I’m thinking of getting a matching 300 WinMag in hells canyon- which I believe they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with two new rifles! I have a Savage 6.5 CM and they are shooters for sure. I hear the Hell’s Canyons are tack drivers too. They do make the 300 WM in that gun. You should get it too!

Comment

Originally posted by caa4612 View Post
          Nothing wrong with two new rifles! I have a Savage 6.5 CM and they are shooters for sure. I hear the Hell’s Canyons are tack drivers too. They do make the 300 WM in that gun. You should get it too!

I just looked it up, I think that will be my next purchase.

Comment

My dad has it narrowed down to those same 3. Scheels has all 3 in stock so he was able to go check them out, he was planning on the browning but after he felt them all chose the bergara in 6.5prc. It’s a really great rifle. Don’t think you can go wrong with that list

Comment

I don't know if current ammo availability is a factor, but I think 6.5 CM ammo is quite a bit more available than PRC from what I've seen.

Comment

6.5 PRC is a freakin’ hammer!

Comment

Not sure if you have FB, but the CA rifles are gaining a pretty bad reputation on 6.5prc page.

For factory gun, I'd go bergara then browning, removing CA completely.

Comment

Bergara 6.5 CM (more ammoe available)....If those are my 2 options. For my usage, i like the 270 over the 6.5 Cm.

Comment

I have a Mesa and a Speed in 6.5 creedmoor. Both shoot well, but I always grab the Speed.

Comment

Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 PRC
                        Only problem is finding ammo.
                        Plenty of 6.5 CM ammo but PRC is none available.
                        Therefore the CM makes more sense.
                        Bergara rifles might just be more accurate off the shelf than the lowly Savage.

Comment

Bergara

Comment

From what I have read the CA is either a love or hate. I don't do FB, so I can't read what they are saying is wrong with the CA. I am already set up to reload 6.5 CM since i already have one, and no one has any 6.5 PRC...anywhere. I do have other rifles I could use in the interim, so I'm hesitant to buy a gun based on ammo that I can get today but if I wait a little bit I can have the PRC. I have a 300 WM, so if I really need more power, I have that covered. Those of you that have experience with the CM and PRC, do you think the extra ooomph is worth upgrading?

Comment

Originally posted by caa4612 View Post
                              From what I have read the CA is either a love or hate. I don't do FB, so I can't read what they are saying is wrong with the CA. I am already set up to reload 6.5 CM since i already have one, and no one has any 6.5 PRC...anywhere. I do have other rifles I could use in the interim, so I'm hesitant to buy a gun based on ammo that I can get today but if I wait a little bit I can have the PRC. I have a 300 WM, so if I really need more power, I have that covered. Those of you that have experience with the CM and PRC, do you think the extra ooomph is worth upgrading?
                              Depends on what your shooting/hunting. I personally have a hard time justifying the PRC from a ballistics perspective. I’ll eventually have one because I want one.

Comment

Working...
                              X