No announcement yet.

Thread for Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My group of 2 was drawn for the North Unit 10/16 - 10/25. This will be my first draw hunt. Any info shared to make this a successful hunt would be greatly appreciated. I plan on driving out in a couple weeks to do some scouting.

We will pull a small travel trailer and camp at the designated camping area on the North Unit. TBH members are welcome to drop in and introduce yourself.

Comment

Place has lots of water moccasins, bring your snake boots

Comment

I am curious about two things. Is there camping and are you allowed to come and go as you please once you are assigned a particular unit? I would like to scout and then set up and bait then hunt.

I am sure there are campgrounds near by.

Comment

You have to check in at the check station every time you plan to hunt and check out when you are not hunting. There are designated campgrounds near the check station, not sure how many spots or if they are already filled up for these new deer postcard hunts. In the other thread someone that works there said they are maybe not assigning units for the south unit hunt and just letting everyone have free reign over the place, not sure if that applies to the North unit.

OP you should change the title of this thread to Richland Creek North hunt
          Last edited by bossbowman; 09-24-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
            I hunted south last year on Special Permit Hunt. PM and I’ll share whatever I can. Beautiful place. Tough hunt to just drop in and expect to shoot a mature buck. Unfortunately October is a bit ahead of the rut. We hunted same time last year and the youngsters were just starting to slap heads. I used a pop up on a well beaten trail deep in the woods. Had a good 30-40 deer over the week in shooting distance. Small bucks and does. Raised my bow once in a three year old ten point and thought better of it. They’re serious about the 13” rule and I was really only I interested in a big boy. If your just looking to stick something, I think you gotta a good shot. 130”+, gonna take some luck.
            Did they finally go to the 13" county regs there, it used to be 15" and this was long before the antler restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              You have to check in at the check station every time you plan to hunt and check out when you are not hunting. There are designated campgrounds near the check station, not sure how many spots or if they are already filled up for these new deer postcard hunts. In the other thread someone that works there said they are maybe not assigning units for the south unit hunt and just letting everyone have free reign over the place, not sure if that applies to the North unit.

OP you should change the title of this thread to Richland Creek North hunt
              I have tried but am unable unless I am missing something. I wanted to add that as there is another thread open for the south unit now. If you know a way please help a brutha out...

Comment

Just click the little exclamation button in you first post and notify a moderator to do it

Comment

Been to Richland Hunting 11 times from Archery to youth to gun. Nothing but spectacular and never gone home empty handed. Will be there the 16th

Comment

Let's here some updates! And good luck to kiddos hunting this weekend!

Comment

Yeah let's see any Archery kills from Last week. I didn't make it up as family issues required me to stay home.

Hope others did or do well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone here there for the nov. 13-22 right now?

Comment

Anybody else beside Sideler going to be there this Friday?

Comment

Working...
                          X