Dodge/RAM Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge/RAM Question

Are they still eating front ends and tearing up transmissions? I’ve owned two, an 03 and an 06 both had to have transmissions and both had numerous front end issues. Haven’t been in one since. I have to buy a diesel for our business and giving them all a look. Just don’t want to buy something that will require a bunch of extra money to keep going. It’ll just be a fleet model so I’m not concerned about bells and whistles. It’s will be used for towing material on a flatbed trailer weekly/daily.

The last I had was a 14’. It had front end issues, as well as a 12’ I had. An 11’ ate a transmission. The 12 and 14 were both Cummins, the 11’ was a Hemi.

Comment

Put 90k on a 15 model no issues until it got hit have a 17 now 112k no issues

Comment

Have a 2010 hemi 4x4 180k only routine maintenance

Comment

I have a '13 that I put new ball joints in at 110k, I spent the extra money on a good set, I'm at 160k with no issues. And original transmission, and I pull trailers fairly often

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a '17 2500 6.4 Hemi w/ 100K now. At 83K a sensor in the transmission went bad, they said it was cheaper to replace the transmission than to replace the sensor! Luckily I have the extended warranty so I got a new transmission... Everything else has been great. One of my customers has eight in his fleet, four of which have 250K+ miles with only regular maintenance.

Comment

I've had four Dodge 3/4-tons since '04, two diesels and two HEMIs. The '04 diesel went 115k before front end gave way. I replaced everything: tie rod ends, upper & lower ball joints, drop links, and shocks. Current truck is '16 with 6.4L HEMI, 48k and no issues.

Comment

Currently own a ‘12 with 162k on it. Deleted, tuned and transmission intact. Original front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We've got 8 in our fleet, only real problems we've had have been emissions on the diesels, gassers are holding up pretty good.

Comment

Weakest transmission of the big 3.

Comment

They were still big piles of **** in 2012, mine had front end work twice and shift solenoid went out at about 60k. Got out of it before 100k

Comment

I have a 18 2500 and no issues yet, best diesel out there imo.

Comment

My 16 had a DEF pump go bad, that’s it so far.

Comment

It’s the first year for the new design. I wouldn’t touch one.

Comment

I was looking at either Fords or Dodges. Fords scare me because of all the “death wobble” problems. That’s the last thing I need for is my wife or an employee to have that happen with a big trailer behind them. May have to give Chevy a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X