Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by awhx4 View Post
    Well we ended up getting a follow on mission. So I won't make it back to Hood this winter after all. We will be spending about 6 months in Kuwait. But I did get a chance to order my new bow. Now I am able to take advantage of the Bowtech overseas military discount. I ended up ordering the BowTech Destroyer 350.
    I feel for ya! Just make the best of it if you can.

Good show on the new bow, at least something good will come of it.

Never did any Army time, but spent a whole of the "follow on" mission stuff (they just transferred you to a different command). Went overseas in 1964 and the kept on with the "follow on" stuff until 1978 when I finally got back to the states. Thank the Lord, the Navy/Marines don't do that anymore. Think they limit it to two years now unless you volunteer. I ain't complaining though, enjoyed most of it, even the two years in Nam.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
      Yep but he can pick, I just got back from up North, had a great time and seen some deer but no shots.

Ed, Matt don't dip copenhagen but I do, and Chris is awesome for sure, met him a few times back in my rodeo days, when I could walk straight.
      I could tell you some interesting Cope stories, but would probably be a bit long for this format.

I'm going to be heading North (OK) here in a bit for a little deer hunting and then East (AL) for some more. May reverse it and go to AL and the OK. Ain't made up my mind. AL is cool, you can shoot two a day, but one is all I need. Plenty of hamburger in one from there and one from OK.

I've been working on beer since about two and the live in Chinese made just stuck her head in the door and wants to go for a walk

That's o.k. I'll just pretend I'm on a destroyer and we're in heavy seas. I hope that works.

Comment

Yep but he can pick, I just got back from up North, had a great time and seen some deer but no shots.

Ed, Matt don't dip copenhagen but I do, and Chris is awesome for sure, met him a few times back in my rodeo days, when I could walk straight.
        A lot of folks don't realize, or maybe ain't old enough to know, Chris was a world champion bronc rider back in the 70's. He wrote his songs from what he knew. Way too bad that cancer got him.

George Strait is another artist that sings about his roots. He was originally a ranch hand on his father's ranch just south of San Antonio.

Yeah, I made the walk, all mile and a half. Ain't no Chinaman gonna outdo a tin can rider.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzQkML6r1UE&feature=related"]Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy - Chris LeDoux - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrrsLZaY9s"]George Strait - Amarillo By Morning - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The last video has footage of my friend Ted Nuce world Champion Bullrider

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
            The last video has footage of my friend Ted Nuce world Champion Bullrider
            In that case you oughta love this ... win over Tuff Hedeman says all that needs to be said,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdzyGPXNBM"]Ted Nuce - PRCA Hall of Fame Tribute - YouTube[/ame]
            Last edited by EdO; 11-13-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Just in case, here's Tuff finishing a ride on Bodacious ... He got it done this time, but the bull kind of won the next time around and smashed his face in for him ... some sports are just tougher than others.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_khp5oxRM"]Tuff Hedeman rides Bodacious (95 pts) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MnLaFRk5ZI"]Tuff Hedeman - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Ted and Charlie are a kick in the pants to hang around.

Comment

Does anyone know where to get Rice Bran in the area?

Comment

Yep I sure do, I bought all of Lampasas out, got a good deal for ya. LOL you can get it at Browns or TSC in Lampasas. But I use something I think is better and cheaper and NO it ain't corn.

Comment

Yep I sure do, I bought all of Lampasas out, got a good deal for ya. LOL you can get it at Browns or TSC in Lampasas. But I use something I think is better and cheaper and NO it ain't corn.
                      Tell us Obi-Wan.

Comment

I sent ya a pm on it. I think Matt is Obi-Wan, I am just a padi Wan.

Comment

Tammy finaly connected with the buck she was after

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post

Tammy finaly connected with the buck she was after
                            Congratulations to Tammy on scoring a nice buck. Ya'll have had an Awesome season. See ya in a couple weeks bub.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Man that is a huge buck Way to go Tammy, Tell me that horse came off of Fort Hood, You guys are having a sweet season now stop killing things so we can LOL. AWESOME Job Tammy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X