What Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Camera?

Anybody know if a decent video camera you would recommend for bowhunting? I don’t need to produce my own show, just want good quality video when I’m bowhunting. I would say $300ish could go higher but I don’t really want to.

Can’t go wrong with a Canon or Sony.

Comment

Agreed with the post above. I filmed with a Canon for a few years and totally loved it. Finally got a 4k camera and went with a Sony. Either option should suit your purposes. Look for something with a decent optical zoom 10x at least. Don't pay attention to the digital zoom numbers as anything past the actual optical zoom will look crappy on video.

I'll be selling a Canon XA20 in the near future, but it might be a bit outside the budget range.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
        Agreed with the post above. I filmed with a Canon for a few years and totally loved it. Finally got a 4k camera and went with a Sony. Either option should suit your purposes. Look for something with a decent optical zoom 10x at least. Don't pay attention to the digital zoom numbers as anything past the actual optical zoom will look crappy on video.

I'll be selling a Canon XA20 in the near future, but it might be a bit outside the budget range.
        What would you recommend for a secondary camera, specifically for the reverse angle shot?

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Any particular models y’all recommend?

Comment

Do yourself a favor and look up Panasonic v770 great camera that will not disappoint

Comment

It has tracking focus that is great for moving animals through trees etc and is very simple to use

Comment

Working...
              X