No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I’ve stated before I hate “rye” whiskey.... but to try and salvage this bottle of High West double rye I’ve had it setting after opening about a month now ( nothing drinkable last 2 weeks with me )

So after sitting a month a gave it one more open minded try. It’s not drinkable lol, it’s not. It’s absolutely $&@% in a bottle. I can’t believe y’all really like it, I feel like I’m on a hidden camera show when I drink it

To each their own

Comment

How many here keep an Infinity Bottle going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
        I go back and forth, high low [emoji4]. EC Barrel Proof is mighty good.
        Is that a Vizsla?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Yea i had the chance at buying the EC barrel proof but it was priced above retail and i didn't think it was worth 80$. I think you meant to ask Roco the question about the dog...

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          This is officially “MY DRINK”.... I’ve been experimenting with combinations for months now and have settled on this duo. A shot of Gentleman Jack in the bottom of a cold beer glass and topped off with a bottle of Shiner Premium. A twist on the old Boilermaker, but sipped and not chugged. BlueMoon also makes a good companion the same way with GJ or Weller. Before you comment, TRY IT, and then let me know what you think.

There is a drink at Eight Row Flint called Cash over Ice. They use an IPA, bitters, bourbon and something else. It's GOOD!! I will have to give it a try!

Comment

Yes sir.. my buddy Mason is a Vizsla! He's a pretty dang good dog most of the time! We'd just finished running in the heat before that picture. He was zapped after that.
            Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
            I go back and forth, high low [emoji4]. EC Barrel Proof is mighty good.
            Is that a Vizsla?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Last edited by rosco11; 06-04-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Just picked up some 16 year old Lagavulin Scotch... I was not to impressed. Maybe I just do not know how to drink Scotch yet? it was very smokey. Also I fixed with two cubes of ice. But to be fair I tried it three ways and none were appealing to me, add a little water on the rocks, and straight.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                Just picked up some 16 year old Lagavulin Scotch... I was not to impressed. Maybe I just do not know how to drink Scotch yet? it was very smokey. Also I fixed with two cubes of ice. But to be fair I tried it three ways and none were appealing to me, add a little water on the rocks, and straight.

I'll buy it from you for half price.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I'll buy it from you for half price.
                  Ha, I told the wife that I would store it and hope to acquire a taste later down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                    Ha, I told the wife that I would store it and hope to acquire a taste later down the road!

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh.

Comment

I had to look it up.. neat idea for sure! I bet some folks could make a hella blend

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                          I had to look it up.. neat idea for sure! I bet some folks could make a hella blend

Just started mine.... GJ, WT101, and Crown Black right now.

Comment

I’m starting when my current Blantons is down to the last shot. Got a cool idea for it and I’ve got some good ones that will eventually make it up. Gonna do them all on their last shot

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                              Ahhhhhhhh.

You misspelled dry heave

You don’t get a strong taste of dill pickle? Honestly. That’s all I taste is pickle Same with bullet rye

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                You misspelled dry heave

You don’t get a strong taste of dill pickle? Honestly. That’s all I taste is pickle Same with bullet rye
                                Dill pickle?!?!! You must have got a bad bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X