BH tuning Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BH tuning Question

I'm going to be shooting Magnus Stinger 125 grain Broadheads. I have 6 arrows and 6 broadheads. If I buy three more can I use them them to BH tune the bow. Will all 9 fly the same?

They did for me sir

Comment

i would just use one of the ones you have. they resharpen easily.

Comment

If your bow is tuned and arrows are the same the the heads spin 100% true on the shaft then you should be good to go. If they do not spin 100% true, then all bets are off!

Comment

Magnus does a pretty dang good job of not having any "flyers". My wife's stingers are all flying the same.

Comment

Like said above just use one to make sure poi is the same with fps. Then hunt

Comment

shoot each one so you know it's flying good then resharpen and hunt with it. Magnus are easy to sharpen even with those cheap plastic knife sharpeners.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                shoot each one so you know it's flying good then resharpen and hunt with it. Magnus are easy to sharpen even with those cheap plastic knife sharpeners.
                X2 I tune with one head and then shoot all of them once just to be sure, resharpen go hunting. I don't want to have a deer in front of me and I start second guessing whether my arrow is goin to fly right. It's a confidence thing for me.

Comment

Well I shot em all. Group wasn't as tight as I wanted at 30 yds. But I was shooting BH at the same spot...

Wanted to pick up a range finder.
                  Ended up with a Plano Case instead. Been looking for one for a bit. My bows ATA is 37 1/8".

Now I need to resharpen 6 broad heads and put my bow case together, finish putting my day pack together, and ??? In preparation for my inaugural WT hunt.
                  I'm stoked, scared and excited

Comment

Good luck buddy! Welcome to the passion! Bowhunting is it! Enjoy God's beautiful works as only you can do from a deer stand!

Comment

Practice makes perfect! Careful on shooting your broadheads in groups, you will quickly start shaving off fletchings

Comment

Working...
                      X