First Mexico Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Mexico Buck

I have always wanted to hunt Old Mexico and when my buddy from Houston called me at the end of season last year, and said there was a opening on their ranch I jumped on it. I was pumped when ever season started and couldnt wait to get started. I have seen alot great deer and passed alot of great young bucks. I videoed this buck and really liked the way he looked I brought the tape to camp and showed the rest of the guys on the ranch and the lease manager told me if I wanted to take him then go ahead he is a five year old that just aint got much up top. This deer for our ranch and his age should have been alot better than he is.I set up on him and hunted Sturday evening with no sighting of him,but the evenings were slow so I didnt get concerned. The next morning I got settled in my blind and at first light I had several doe and a few young bucks feeding in front of me. then finally he came out at 5 yards and then turned and went right back in the brush and began making a scrape. He finally came out and began to feed to me about 7:15. He finally made it to my shooting lane and I took the shot at 7:44, perfect heart shot and the Rage 3 blade did its job. After about 30 min I went and followed a huge blood trail only about 60 yards long and found my Mexico buck.He is a typical 5x6 with 3 kickers 14 scorable points,I am happy with him and cant wait till next year.
    Attached Files

Congrats on a nice buck.

Comment

Very nice buck. Congrats

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck!

Comment

awesome awesome awesome old mexico buck, big congrats

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck.................

Comment

Muy Bueno....Congrats.

Comment

Great job. Mexico has so much potential. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

I know your on cloud nine after getting a trophy like that.......Congrats.....Awesome buck!

"Hunt and hunt hard"

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Way cool. Congrats on your Mexican buck and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Beautiful buck. Congrats.

Comment

ccogratulations ACE......
                            is that it for the season no more going down there

Comment

O no I will be going down alot more leaving on the 10th for 17 days straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X