Pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
    My whole deal is that not all pits are crazy. Some can be. just like some people can be crazy. The crazy ones need to be dealt with...... most people think that just because of the breed it's automatically bad, is not fair to do that. If you see somebody walking around with a dew rag on their head or turban wrapped around their head are they automatically bad? Some may be bad, the others can be good , but does that give us the right to go around shooting and killing everybody that wears a dew rag or turban? ( I say that because I have seen people post on other PB threads say that if they see a pit crossing their yard they will shoot them lol) I originally got in this conversation because of the logic of argument some are using. I never said pits are a saint of an animal.

I can't reply to posts not here or on other threads, only what I see on the current thread. I haven't seen anyone here saying they will shoot all Pitts, but I don't doubt people have said it before.
    You commented on the logic of the argument, and compared it to liberal arguments regarding gun control. I don't think that is relevant, and stated why. I also don't think your comparison of people's bigotry toward a type of people to pittbull fatalities is logical. But that's my opinion.

Comment

I agree dogs aren't protected.... but it's still hiding behind the same arguments as a liberal would use
      Not even close..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Not even close..
        lol it's whatever. Y'all have yalls side and I have mine. Neither will change the way we think. I think my way and you think your way.......

Pits are mean and kill. We don't need them. We have tons of other nice puppy's in this world that are fluffy and cute to to have around our house. Why do you need a pit bull they just hurt people that's all they are good for...... lol
        Is that's what y'all are wanting me to say?

Comment

lol it's whatever. Y'all have yalls side and I have mine. Neither will change the way we think. I think my way and you think your way.......

Pits are mean and kill. We don't need them. We have tons of other nice puppy's in this world that are fluffy and cute to to have around our house. Why do you need a pit bull they just hurt people that's all they are good for...... lol
          I had friends who once thought like you do UNTIL their Big red male Pit literally tried to eat their child... All of the sudden they were believers..
          I tried to tell them but they never would listen.. Maybe I should have tried a little harder.. To late for that now.

Comment

I don't think anyone wants to make you say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I had friends who once thought like you do UNTIL their Big red male Pit literally tried to eat their child... All of the sudden they were believers..
              I tried to tell them but they never would listen.. Maybe I should have tried a little harder.. To late for that now.
              And that's sad to hear. Hopefully their kid recoverd fully, and Hopefully they put the dog down. I have been bitten by pits, curr's, healers, and other mutts, the only one that didn't get lead poison was the blue healer. ( wasent one of my dogs ). Again we can go down the road of all dogs can bite. Yes pits can have a harder bite. One reason they make such good hog dogs. I don't have kids. Who knows maybe I will change my mind about have certain breeds around my kids when I eventually have kids. Like I've stated above in another post certain breeds of dogs shouldn't be owned by certain people I think we can all agree on that. I don't think there should ever be ban on the dog breed though.

Comment

lol it's funny how y'all pick and choose. It's either one or the other. You can't have it both ways.... we have plenty other rifles to hunt with, just like we have plenty other breeds of dogs to choose as a pet. I own a bulldog because guess what I can. Just the same as an ar-15. I own one, because guess what I can. You can't dance around the fact that y'all are using the same argument as liberal when it comes down to this subject.
                Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                I don't think they should be banned, I was simply pointing out you can't compare a pit bull to an AR15. It's two completely different things. To act like there are parallels there is being intellectually dishonest.

If you want to own a pit, have at it. Just be a responsible owner. That way, if anyone gets harmed, it will only be you.
                And this right here is the problem. 100% of the time when pits attack the owner swears it's not their fault.

You can't pick up a gun and shoot someone and then blame the gun.

If there was a way to hold all dog owners equally accountable for their dogs I'd have no problem with pit bulls. But we all know most are never held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                  There was a pit attack just this week in Clear Lake...

(2) pits literally went on a rampage...

They ran from one neighborhood to the next...covered over a mile...
                  Something like (8) people attacked, two dogs killed & they even jumped through a bay window to get to one dog they killed....

HPD was running all over tracking them...
                  Took something like (8) people to load them in the anaimal control truck they were so crazed...

I'll see if I can locate the news report on it...one of the victims was a family friend, so this is no fake news BS...
                  There was another on Christmas Eve where a woman and her husband were attacked by their own Pit. The woman was killed and the husband severely injured. He was charged with harboring a vicious animal.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    And this right here is the problem. 100% of the time when pits attack the owner swears it's not their fault.

You can't pick up a gun and shoot someone and then blame the gun.

If there was a way to hold all dog owners equally accountable for their dogs I'd have no problem with pit bulls. But we all know most are never held accountable.
                    There's a reason the musli.... oops, pit bull apologists (sorry for the confusion, it's the same liberal logic) get so defensive. It's because the reason they own the dog in the first place is to be edgy. They pick a pit bull with intention of having to defend their selection. Unless you are an avid hog dogger or the quarter back for the Atlanta Falcons, there is absolutely no benefit to having one. They aren't known as good family, dogs, they aren't known as good bird dogs etc.. They are known for one thing. People buy them as pets because they know the perception that comes with it and they want to show how edgy and cool they are.

In conclusion. Unless you're a hog dogger or Michael Vick, Pit Bull owner=hipster
                    Last edited by Clay C; 12-28-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

There's a reason the musli.... oops, pit bull apologists (sorry for the confusion, it's the same liberal logic) get so defensive. It's because the reason they own the dog in the first place is to be edgy. They pick a pit bull with intention of having to defend their selection. Unless you are an avid hog dogger or the quarter back for the Atlanta Falcons, there is absolutely no benefit to having one. They aren't known as good family, dogs, they aren't known as good bird dogs etc.. They are known for one thing. People buy them as pets because they know the perception that comes with it and they want to show how edgy and cool they are.

In conclusion. Unless you're a hog dogger or Michael Vick, Pit Bull owner=hipster
                      Nailed it. ...drops mic, walks off stage...

Comment

We need someone to to post a hula hoop gif! How many people have been bucked off a horse, and crippled or killed, that the owner said "anyone can ride her"? Doesn't happen as often now because less people own horses, but it happens. (I know it's not the exact same logic!) Pit bulls will run their course like the Rottweiler, Doberman, Chow etc. I agree most people should not be allowed to own them and they should not be allowed to run loose. Fact is that all animals, no matter how trained they are, have a mind and temperament of their own. The larger and stronger the animal, the more damage it does. Not sure I'd call pit lovers Muslims, but that's a good way to get the thread wacked though!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          We need someone to to post a hula hoop gif! How many people have been bucked off a horse, and crippled or killed, that the owner said "anyone can ride her"? Doesn't happen as often now because less people own horses, but it happens. (I know it's not the exact same logic!) Pit bulls will run their course like the Rottweiler, Doberman, Chow etc. I agree most people should not be allowed to own them and they should not be allowed to run loose. Fact is that all animals, no matter how trained they are, have a mind and temperament of their own. The larger and stronger the animal, the more damage it does. Not sure I'd call pit lovers Muslims, but that's a good way to get the thread wacked though!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I agree with your first statement.

I didn't call them Muslims.

Comment

Lmao hipsters? Haha I don't think hipsters have enough balls to own a pit. Like most people they are scared of a lot of things. Here you go with your liberal logic. Hipsters these day I swear

Comment

Lmao hipsters? Haha I don't think hipsters have enough balls to own a pit. Like most people they are scared of a lot of things. Here you go with your liberal logic. Hipsters these day I swear
                              Thank you for proving my point.

Comment

Thank you for proving my point.
                                Or own a gun, or go hunting, or fishing, or have an outside job that requires work. I'm saying you must not know what a hipster is saying they are the only ones who would want to own a pit other then hunters

Comment

Working...
                                X