• Show
Clear All

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

**** straight!

Comment

congrats!. This will be my 5th year bowhunting and i have yet to get a deer down. havent even flung an arrow at one. Ive got 2 hogs in the last year but no deer. East Tx is hard huntin. I got drawn on archery tag in Kansas this year so Im hoping to fill my tag with a nice bruiser. That would be a hell of a first deer with a bow! heres to hopin

Comment

Originally posted by blzn04 View Post
            congrats!. This will be my 5th year bowhunting and i have yet to get a deer down. havent even flung an arrow at one. Ive got 2 hogs in the last year but no deer. East Tx is hard huntin. I got drawn on archery tag in Kansas this year so Im hoping to fill my tag with a nice bruiser. That would be a hell of a first deer with a bow! heres to hopin
            It's a much bigger deal to put one on the ground with a bow. My son has killed several hogs with his bow and i always tell him if you want to impress me put a whitetail on the ground. If it was easy they would call it BowKilling... but i just love it and have been hooked for years. Only time i get the rifle out was when my kids were little and I hunted out of a blind with them. But given the choice i will always pick bowhunting!

Good Luck in Kansas

Comment

Congrats!!! I cant wait to get mine... hopefully this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Grillndeer View Post
                It's a much bigger deal to put one on the ground with a bow. My son has killed several hogs with his bow and i always tell him if you want to impress me put a whitetail on the ground. If it was easy they would call it BowKilling... but i just love it and have been hooked for years. Only time i get the rifle out was when my kids were little and I hunted out of a blind with them. But given the choice i will always pick bowhunting!

Good Luck in Kansas
                Yea I feel the same way. I thought I would have felt a lot more adrenaline or sense of accomplishment with the hogs and was really disappointed when i did not. I mean i did get a lil nervous when they popped out and after the shot I got a little hand shaky trying to text my friends/family. My favorite part is tracking so i always enjoy that and when you finally see them you get a sense of relief and happiness...but after all that i was just like...meh...lol I just thought it would last longer. It did take me 3 years just to get a big game animal with my bow, so i was expecting something more i guess. My friends keep assuring me that a deer is different. I sure hope so. I wanna be shaking out of the tree after the shot! haha

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Working...
                  X