No announcement yet.

Homemade Mash potatoes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peel, cube, boil till tender, drain, add large spoonful of butter, mash 'em up add ranch dressing grated cheese and bacon bits.........yyyyyuuuuummmm

Comment

garlic and a little cheese

Comment

Originally posted by bearkat2004 View Post
        I've boiled them in butter milk/heavy cream until fork tender, drain the liquid (but keep it) and then add the necessary amount back to the potatoes to get the consistancy your after, of course add butter, salt, pepper, garlic, etc. We've also been known to add boursin cheese to ours
        Never tried the milk boil. Might have to try that.

My trick, when boiling the potatoes, why boil with just plain water. Throw a chicken or beef bouillon in with your water. Gives the potatoes a little something extra and helps cut down on your salt.

S&P to taste, butter, sour cream, garlic, half and half just for consistancy and top with crushed bacon.

Comment

I peel my taters and cube them up. Boil in pot of water until you can easily stick a fork in them. Drain off water add back to pot. Add a stick of butter, salt & pepper. With a hand mixer whip taters adding the can milk as needed to get a creamy consistency. Then add a dab of some sour cream and mix in. You are good to go....everyone loves them! Good luck !

Comment

Cube, boil for 20 minutes, drain, mash with butter and add milk to get the right consistency. Add in some grated smoked gouda, chopped green onions, and precooked chopped bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by unicorn912 View Post
              I peel my taters and cube them up. Boil in pot of water until you can easily stick a fork in them. Drain off water add back to pot. Add a stick of butter, salt & pepper. With a hand mixer whip taters adding the can milk as needed to get a creamy consistency. Then add a dab of some sour cream and mix in. You are good to go....everyone loves them! Good luck !
              Yes, adding them back to the hot pot for a second gets the excess water out! Keeps you from having watery tators. I find canned milk makes mine kind of sweet.I use whole milk and always add the sour cream. I add the milk last while using the mixer. Depends on if I have a sauce or gravy with the meal on how much I thin em out.

Comment

You can buy mashed taters in a box?

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
                  You can buy mashed taters in a box?
                  Exactly how I feel!

Comment

Originally posted by rlpzzz View Post
                    Like stated above, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or two of horseradish (depending on how much you make).
                    mmmm good..

Comment

I made some tonight that were good. Boiled the potatoes with the skins and then when I mashed them used ranch dressing and bacon. They were great! No milk, no butter.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X