Cabelas in Buda Upset me.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReaperManATX View Post
    Oh boy! First of all, all you guys need to realize that there is a wide range of skill available at any and all archery shops. To say that ALL the techs at "box stores" don't know jack just goes to show your utter ignorance. Yes this a box store archery tech replying to a singular experience shared by one customer at Cabelas in Buda where I happen to work and have helped some of you personally. I'm not gonna give my name here but I would challenge any of you "pro's" to a true test of knowledge by asking a simple question If you all know so much then why do you have to have your junk worked on at said box store? Cause you don't know as much as you would like everyone on here to think. Case Closed.
    Do you do all your mechanic work on your vehicle? Do you take it to Jiffy Lube to have the transmission replaced? There are folks that have a wealth of knowledge out there about bows and I trust them with my bow. It's just none of them work at a big box store

Comment

Solid advice said here.

Much rather support a local shop then the big boys anyhow.

Lesson learned in the end

Comment

Oh boy! First of all, all you guys need to realize that there is a wide range of skill available at any and all archery shops. To say that ALL the techs at "box stores" don't know jack just goes to show your utter ignorance. Yes this a box store archery tech replying to a singular experience shared by one customer at Cabelas in Buda where I happen to work and have helped some of you personally. I'm not gonna give my name here but I would challenge any of you "pro's" to a true test of knowledge by asking a simple question If you all know so much then why do you have to have your junk worked on at said box store? Cause you don't know as much as you would like everyone on here to think. Case Closed.

Why do you work at a big box store and not a pro shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Why do you work at a big box store and not a pro shop?
          He likes the discount?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            He likes the discount?
            Funny.

Comment

Cabelas for Bow work..................................LOL Bawhahahaaaaaa, never ever ever!!!!!!!

Comment

Yep you guys are all right. I work at Cabelas so there's no way to possibly know anything about archery. All I'm sayin is don't bag on everybody when it's just one guy makin the mistake. don't get wrong Cabelas is a suck hole of idiots, just not all of us are. I dont work at a proshop because I really don't feel like driving an hour to work every day. Keep your snarky comments to yourselves. Forums are supposed to exist for sharing knowledge not halfwit opinions. And yes I do have a long road ahead of me it would seem.

Comment

Yep you guys are all right. I work at Cabelas so there's no way to possibly know anything about archery. All I'm sayin is don't bag on everybody when it's just one guy makin the mistake. don't get wrong Cabelas is a suck hole of idiots, just not all of us are. I dont work at a proshop because I really don't feel like driving an hour to work every day. Keep your snarky comments to yourselves. Forums are supposed to exist for sharing knowledge not halfwit opinions. And yes I do have a long road ahead of me it would seem.
                  go read your first post. Those are the only halfwit comments I see

Comment

Forums are supposed to exist for sharing knowledge not halfwit opinions.
                    We are sharing our wealth of knowledge(experiences)......don't take your bow to a big box store to be worked on. I have done it 3 times.....and all three times I came away dissappointed with the lack of knowledge from the tech(different one, different store each time). I have no idea what training a BBS archery tech receives before being turned lose on the general public, but from what I've seen......it ain't much. You may be a great tech, but you would also be a rarety.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                      my dad went to cabelas to buy my son some arrows for Christmas. The arrows he bought already had inserts glued into them, but were about 8 inches too long. Dad asked to have arrows cut down and inserts re installed. Guy in archery dept said it would be about 30 minutes b4 he could get to them. No problem. Dad returned later to find the guy trying to remove the inserts from the cut offs... WITH A TORCH! Said it may be a while bcuz he couldn't get the inserts out bcuz the cut offs kept catching on fire and splintering! Yes, instead of installing new inserts in the the arrows he just cut, he was trying to heat up carbon arrow cut offs and remove the old inserts! Dad called me and was giving me the play by play. I told him to get the arrows, buy a pack of inserts and i would glue em in myself.
                      What about my comment? Yes there are good and bad in every walk of life. Yes there are some good bow techs at box stores. There are also some idiots. How many of y'all take your bow to glen at west Houston archery? He worked at gander mountain for years. Rich at the 290 gm ain't too bad either. After my experiences with cabelas and bps, I won't take my stuff there.

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      He likes the discount?
                      When I worked at gander mountain the discounts were pretty good, I have to admit.

Comment

I think this word nailed it... KID worked on it.Not a professional

Comment

Smaller shops more personal and they tend to care more!

Comment

Originally posted by Spothog78 View Post
                            Smaller shops more personal and they tend to care more!
                            Some of them. Ever been to Viking?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                              Some of them. Ever been to Viking?
                              I think almost all of us have been disgusted with Viking before but I have to say since the old man is gone it's actually not a bad place to go now.

Comment

Originally posted by wpcattleco View Post
                                I think almost all of us have been disgusted with Viking before but I have to say since the old man is gone it's actually not a bad place to go now.
                                aint been there since the old man left. had two run ins with em and won't be back. i aint a very smart man. takes me a couple of times b4 i get it right. shouldn't have went back after the first time but i figured i would give em a second chance. that didn't go too well either.

my point was, there is good AND bad in both box stores and small shops. not all box store techs are stupid and not all small shops are great.

i can honestly say i will never go to viking ever again...period. And if I don't know the tech at a box store, they won't be touching my bow. even if i go to a pro shop, I'm gonna need some references.

Comment

Working...
                                X