What can we do about a noisy bar behind our house? Harris County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a bar behind our house that has live music or DJ's on their patio several nights a week, often until 2:00 am. Is there anything we can legally do to get them to lower it in the evenings? We've had an owner and manager in our house and they agreed that it was too loud: 91 dB on our back porch. Another owner was playing in the band that evening and he cranked it up louder after left our house and said he'd play it as loud as he wanted to. We've talked to the new manager and she is working on it but here we sit another night unable to get to sleep because the music is too loud in our bedroom.

Call 911 and file a police report.

Comment

Send Chew over to see them. It would work too, well, unless they have beer or food and let him have some. If that happens then you're getting a ticket for harassment.

Comment

Houston grew so fast the zoning laws and others did not keep up. Only place I have ever been with a daycare next to an adult video store, next to a church. Check your local code.

Comment

We call the police about one a week sherriff's office, not 911. Sometimes they send someone out to the bar but the next night it's just as loud.
          Last edited by Lip; 11-17-2016, 11:28 PM.

Comment

No clue but that would p!$$ me off. I cherish the little sleep that I get.

Comment

Dang Ed! Sorry to hear about that. I hope you get it all worked out, and get some sleep!

Bisch

Comment

Set the place on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Take fish guts and a fan and point it their way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would have to move

Comment

Just curious, did they just move in or did ya'll just move in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Move.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                          I would have to move
                          Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          Move.
                          From what Ive seen several times around here, unless they just moved in very recently, This would be your cheapest (and maybe only) option.

Even if they just moved in and judging by your description of the owners attitude, you are in for a very long and expensive legal battle and there is a very high probability that you will loose.

I know of 3 different people that fought the same battle and know one personally. 2 took it to court and lost (was all over the local news). The one I know personally sold and moved cutting his losses before the property value took a major nose dive.

Comment

You could call the Non-emergency Sheriff number every time it was crazy loud. Eventually they will get tired of coming out and either start fining the bar or you maybe look and see if there are any ordinances they are breaking.
                            We live in the country and we can only play our music so loud without getting a fine from the Sheriff department
                            Last edited by HoneyBee; 11-18-2016, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                              Just curious, did they just move in or did ya'll just move in?

Comment

Working...
                              X