It's not trad but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not trad but....

I feel like I am probably the oldest guy on here or close to it. I found a couple items the other day and am curious as to their time frame. I have had a .22 from the time I was 8 years old, but cannot recall either of these 2 boxes as I was growing up. I will be 60 next month so maybe there is someone here a few older than me that can help out with info. Inside the smaller green box was the item pictured. One side resembles a pocketknife and the other side a key, just wondering what purpose it served or what it is. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362777455.939806.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	24954031Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362777472.705154.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24954032Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362777485.164760.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	24954033

I'm slightly older than you chronologically Larry, but probably not emotionally.

That Western Super X box sure reminds me of the 22 LR cartridge boxes my Grandfather used when he took us to the Tennessee river to shoot in the very early '60s (like 1960 and 61...maybe even '58 and '59).

I got no clue on the cufflink-looking item.

Comment

Well, maybe I was on the right track thinking it was a cuff-link, just looked a little wide to me. I also found 4 full boxes of Remington that are like the ones I shot back when I was around 10 rs. old, as well as a half box of Federal short hollow points. Man those were the days!!!

Comment

I'm a few years older than you but I ain't got a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          I'm a few years older than you but I ain't got a clue.
          You are a few years older than dirt, aren't you?

I don't have a clue either.

Bisch

Comment

How old are you guys anyway?

Comment

Am 54 and have seen the top box before but not the bottom box

Comment

I've got a few years on you and I've seen the boxes before when I was a kid. The bottom box was in some things of my grandfather. Those look like cufflinks but are too wide for a shirt, I think they were for a coat cuff.

Oh, and for the record, I was 66 in November.
                Last edited by Phillip Fields; 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Shot a bunch of the Super X but never seen the other box.
                  The cuff link thingy is a mystery to me also.
                  Cools stuff.

Several years ago I found a full box of Peters 16ga #6's in White's auto in Rotan, Tx. These were the paper shells with the Labrador picture on the box.
                  I shoulda bought em as they were only marked $2.50 but I didn't have a 16ga.

Comment

I remember the ammo boxes, but I don't have a clue about the
                    cuff link looking thingy, but I'm only 72.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                      How old are you guys anyway?
                      Just a couple stumbles in front of you!!! Your just holding up much,much better than the rest of us! Thanks guys for the feedback, I really appreciate it! Got to go, I can feel that JUJU setting in.

Comment

Working...
                      X