Dfw trad lessons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dfw trad lessons?

Anyone know a place to get traditional lessons in dfw more so ft worth Keller area??? I figured I'd start with lessons so I won't have to break bad habits later..

Call Stan over at Smithfield Archery. I know I've seen him give some lessons before, and if he can't, then he can point you in the direction you need to go.

Comment

I can't help with any lessons up in that area but welcome to trad archery. It is more of an addiction than drugs (and a whole lot more fun too). There are lots of trad shooters (some pretty good ones too) up in that area. I hope you can get the help you need. So, what kind of bow are you shooting?

Bisch

Comment

I'm far from an expert...i know what to do, but my brain doesn't always cooperate. I've learned some things the hard way, and had some coaching as well. I'm a fair shot, but there are much better than me on this board.

I can give you some pointers for free if you want. I'm in Dallas.

Comment

Come down to Houston at the end of the month and learn from the true master Rod with a few of us.

Comment

just shoot your bow

Comment

Originally posted by KewlDeals View Post
              Call Stan over at Smithfield Archery. I know I've seen him give some lessons before, and if he can't, then he can point you in the direction you need to go.
              Ill give him a call today, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I can't help with any lessons up in that area but welcome to trad archery. It is more of an addiction than drugs (and a whole lot more fun too). There are lots of trad shooters (some pretty good ones too) up in that area. I hope you can get the help you need. So, what kind of bow are you shooting?

Bisch
                Thanks, I bought a sage, it was one of the better bows for starters from what I read..

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  I'm far from an expert...i know what to do, but my brain doesn't always cooperate. I've learned some things the hard way, and had some coaching as well. I'm a fair shot, but there are much better than me on this board.

I can give you some pointers for free if you want. I'm in Dallas.
                  Haha sometimes mine don't want to cooperate with anything! I may shoot you a pm soon see if we can hook up..

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                    Come down to Houston at the end of the month and learn from the true master Rod with a few of us.
                    Wish it wasn't a 5 hours drive or if be there..

Comment

Cowtown Bowmen Club has a lot of Trad guys that will probably be willing to help. Shoot at one of their monthly shoots and meet some of them. Arvin

Comment

Cinnamon Creek Ranch sells lessons and they're pretty close to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                          It is a 5hr drive, and costs a little money, but if you really want to learn and can manage the weekend off, this would be the thing to do. You will learn A LOT in a weekend at a Rod Jenkins clinic.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                            Cinnamon Creek Ranch sells lessons and they're pretty close to you.

http://www.cinnamoncreekranch.com/rentals.html
                            I went up there talked to someone and left my name and number, then called two different times did the same and no one will call me back..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                              I went up there talked to someone and left my name and number, then called two different times did the same and no one will call me back..
                              Check your PM's

Comment

Working...
                              X