No announcement yet.

South Llano rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod that is amazing how fast that water comes up and goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
      Rod that is amazing how fast that water comes up and goes down.
      In the Hill Country water just keeps rolling down hill. Once it gets past Austin and hit the flat country it slows down and spreads. I doubt any of this will get past Lake Travis.

Comment

I'm hoping the Wirtz dam on LBJ does it's job and doesn't let the main body of the lake rise above normal levels

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
          I'm hoping the Wirtz dam on LBJ does it's job and doesn't let the main body of the lake rise above normal levels
          LCRA started flood operations yesterday in preparation for the incoming water

Comment

yes....got the call and text yesterday that they were planning it for today and tomorrow. Still nervous when I can't get up there for a couple weeks to check on everything.

Comment

I heard the Frio came up pretty high also.

Comment

The hill country is the flash flood capital of the World. Lots of rock which doesn't allow water to penetrate plus the hills and ravens.

Comment

South Llano rise

Got this picture this morning which is close to our place along the river West of Llano. The river had already gone down about 10' at the time. It's normally about 30 yards wide here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Grand Passage; 10-09-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Pic from the damm in Llano this morning around 9am. Lots of water moving
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Neighbor texted me this morning and reported that the water was gone and the back yard looked like the grass had been mowed down.

The water was up past those two small trees on the right side of the picture.

Last night the water was up the base of those two small pecan trees on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        that's just absolutely crazy. Reminds me of the Wimberley 2015 floods. No warning whatsoever. The Dry Devils River just flooded Sonora a couple of weeks ago. One of the girls that works in the café there in Sonora lost her home to that flood.

Just what I was thinking.

I have a friends whos got a house on the river outside wimberly. They woke up the night of those floods with 3" of water in the house thats 250 yards from the river. Water crested with about 4 FEET inside the house.

Comment

I don't even have words... That RV park picture makes me queasy. Scary as hell to have no warning.

Comment

South Llano rise

here is a video I found on the web of how quickly the water rose.

Last edited by salth2o; 10-09-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Now that is crazy how quick the water came up!!!

Comment

News is saying a woman rode the river for 20 miles hanging on to debris. She escaped with only cuts and bruises. Walked away from river under her own power. Wonder if she was from that trailer park there in Junction?

Comment

Working...
                                X