Roku and Apple TV device help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roku and Apple TV device help

So I am wanting to see what is needed for these to work when I'm on camping trips... Do these need a subscription to something like Direct TV or Netflix in order to receive TV channels... Just want a way to watch TV in camp sites when we travel.

TIA for help.

who is your TV cable provider at this time? Most have an app now to watch on your phone or tablet. Same for netflix and amazon prime.

Comment

Both of these are APP based systems. We use Roku for all of our TV. You will need a good WIFI signal first off. Second, in order to get TV you have to subscribe to a digital TV provider. We use Sling for our TV. There are several options for this, we were back and forth between Sling and Direct TV Now. It’s all based on channel offerings as both were about the same price for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        who is your TV cable provider at this time? Most have an app now to watch on your phone or tablet. Same for netflix and amazon prime.
        Currently have Direct TV.... I tried DTV Now but didn't like it and kept my Direct TV, now I have a Roku and Direct TV plug in device.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
          Both of these are APP based systems. We use Roku for all of our TV. You will need a good WIFI signal first off. Second, in order to get TV you have to subscribe to a digital TV provider. We use Sling for our TV. There are several options for this, we were back and forth between Sling and Direct TV Now. It’s all based on channel offerings as both were about the same price for us.

We had problems with WiFi signal and speed streaming the DTV Now. Even after an upgrade the streaming would pause to buffer the download which sucked and why I went back to Direct TV.
          Our internet provider's signal and service sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
            We had problems with WiFi signal and speed streaming the DTV Now. Even after an upgrade the streaming would pause to buffer the download which sucked and why I went back to Direct TV.
            Our internet provider's signal and service sucks....

Yeah if your internet is not reliable then you will probably have issues with any digital streaming device.

Comment

I’ve looked into this WiFi service a little since we use the Apple TV an PlayStation Vue tv service. Anywhere there is at least 10meg WiFi I can watch tv on my iPad, iPhone, and air play it to the Apple TV, as well as most TV’s have an app that you can stream to from your phone without the Apple TV. Was more interested in this WiFi for camping, vacations etc.
              since you have a TV service you can log into nearly any app and watch live tv with phone or roku type device.

4G LTE unlimited data hotspot plans and devices. Specializing in rural & mobile internet solutions. Affordable & fast unlimited hotspot plans.

Comment

Working...
              X