No announcement yet.

Opening day all day sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All it took was me doing one very long sit to realize I don't like doing that especially if it is warm LOL. My one time extra long sit resulted in a shot that was taken during my normal hunting hours and I missed .

Comment

2 to 3 hours morning and evening hunt. The rest of the time will be telling lies and having a few cold ones with friends and family in camp.

Comment

Rut yes! Early season til about 1-2:00. I don't like late evening bow hunts. It's too difficult to find them in the dark for me.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

The older I get the tougher low light is to shoot and blood trail in.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            No. There's breakfasts/lunches to eat and naps to take. Now....during the rut, that's a whole different story.

Amen [emoji120] preach on brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
              Very,very few deer have been killed by a hunter from his camp. If you aren't out hunting you might as allstate home and watch football or whatever. If you are going hunting ,get your tail out where the deer are and wait....sooner or later one will come. If you are there,you will have a shot. If you aren't there,,, oh well......
              Probably one of the best a**whuppings I got as a teenager was the Saturday morning in November I decided to sleep in instead of go hunting. About 9am I rolled over in bed, looked out the window, and saw a nice buck out in the pasture, maybe 150 yards out. I opened the window, popped the screen off, laid across my bed with my .270, and let ‘er rip! Nailed the buck, couldn’t hear a **** thing for several hours, and scared the rest of the house so bad I thought they were all gonna take turns killing me, reviving me, and killing me again!

Comment

Growing up in Tennessee all we did were all day hunts. Around noon, either my dad or I would walk to each other and have lunch while looking over our hunting area. I started hunting at 9 and by 12 I was responsible for finding my own tree and area to hunt within 100yds of dad. By 15 I was totally on my own with just a walkie to communicate with. We would still meet up for lunch in the woods, but all day in the woods was the norm. Daylight til dark.

Comment

Depends on the weather. The bucks in my area start looking for love around the 15th-20th of October. Opening weekend I try to get a lone doe without a young one with her.

Comment

I don't even know if I'm going to hunt opening weekend, no way I'll sit all day. I like to come back to camp, eat breakfast, have some cold ones and watch a little college football before the evening hunt. That's deer camp. I ain't that mad at them. Lol

Comment

Heck no. Not that mad at them.

Comment

I tried here sept 8th made it to 11 drenched I sweat hanging on for dear life as the mosquitos tried to carry me off

Comment

Not me

Comment

I'll be at the cleaning station by 9am

Comment

At least that's my plan

Comment

if I don't have any luck by 9:30 i'm usually headed back.

Comment

Working...
                                X