iPhone Update iOS 11.4.1: MAJOR Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone Update iOS 11.4.1: MAJOR Issue

I never update my iPhones because I always have issues when I do. This latest update, I inadvertently updated my iPhone 7 to. Now I lose cell service constantly. I have “no service” now and have lost it at least 20 times today. Prior to updating about 4 days ago, I’ve never lost service except for being waaaaay out in the boonies. I’ve tried restarting, doing hard restart, resetting network services, airplane on/off but nothing helps. Apple is saying they no longer support the 10.3 version that I updated from so I can’t go back to that. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
    I never update my iPhones because I always have issues when I do. This latest update, I inadvertently updated my iPhone 7 to. Now I lose cell service constantly. I have “no service” now and have lost it at least 20 times today. Prior to updating about 4 days ago, I’ve never lost service except for being waaaaay out in the boonies. I’ve tried restarting, doing hard restart, resetting network services, airplane on/off but nothing helps. Apple is saying they no longer support the 10.3 version that I updated from so I can’t go back to that. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Restore your phone from the last backup with the old IOS? I’m about done with apple with all BS. I had Itunes with all my music that I have uploaded over the last 20 years worth of CD’s and they lost it all. I had to start over with my 7+ and the only option was to re upload hundreds of CD’s. I have spent thousands messing with apple the last couple of years and I’m about done. I paid upfront for the 6, 6+, 7+ and X all with the biggest GB. I had to buy the max storage for the cloud because they couldn’t get my info from my ITunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I still have my old iphone 6 plus and have been running beta 11.4.1 since it was released around the beginning of june. I have not experienced any drops so that is odd. could be because of different phones but typically the older phone would have the issues.

Beta 12 is out now - https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

It's kind of a double edged sword but you have a small window generally with which to upgrade and be able to downgrade. I have found all the info in the past on redmondpie.

any chance you have a new case?

Comment

I hate having to update my phone. Always seems to be an issue. Seems to me like they utilize updates to cause issues with older phones so you have to buy another one.

Comment

What service do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
            I hate having to update my phone. Always seems to be an issue. Seems to me like they utilize updates to cause issues with older phones so you have to buy another one.
            ^^^^ this

I'm done with updating my 6+

Comment

You might have an antenna issue.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                You might have an antenna issue.

This is what I’m thinking. I’ve got the latest update and haven’t noticed any loss of signal. I’d visit an ATT store.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  I think you're right.

That's why I've never updated my 4s, that I'm still using. No dropped calls, but I no longer have google maps. It still works for my needs but when it craps out I'm not buying another apple product.

Comment

I was a 20+ year customer with sprint I just dropped them and went to AT&T and I have to say WOW the coverage is outstanding . Sprint was so bad I never knew how bad it was until now.

Maybe its a service deal not the update ?

With sprint in the end after calling and getting bounced around I found it was all about the cell towers not being repaired ,

Is it ever where you go or just in certain areas ?

Comment

I have ATT. I had no signal from last night until this morning about 0800. Well, JUST lost it again sitting in my living room! I’ve NEVER lost signal in my house. I have my kids and my wife’s phone sitting next to mine and they have full signal.

Comment

Seems super basic but have you restarted your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          I have ATT. I had no signal from last night until this morning about 0800. Well, JUST lost it again sitting in my living room! I’ve NEVER lost signal in my house. I have my kids and my wife’s phone sitting next to mine and they have full signal.

I know the feeling that is how sprint was with me . I would get texts like a day later ..

Comment

I never update my phone immediately when a new update comes out. Wait a week or so in case they have issues with the new update. Gives them time to work them out if so.

Comment

Bring it to Apple and tell them you are losing connection. If you have Applecare they should replace it free of charge

Comment

Working...
                              X