No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged and Bagged in NM on day 1 at 9am.
    I call that a win!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
      Tagged and Bagged in NM on day 1 at 9am.
      I call that a win!

Congratulations!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

My Canadian group had a banner 24 hours.

Jarret scores a archery elk in southwest Alberta

On another hunt- Kevin takes an old freakish mule deer buck with his bow

Ali gets the coveted Sullifield military base draw (11 years ). On third hunt he smokes this huge bull (just under 400) with his rifle

Miss my buddies and miss the fall in Alberta !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Congratulations to all on the trophies.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Had to come back over here, someone's first rant was... Different:lol:

Yesterday evenings view from the front porch

Comment

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

I was hunting for deer this am, left the bow at home and took the rifle to try for the 3x3 and 4x4 I'm seeing at a distance. 3 1/2 hours in a ground blind, and nothing. Walking back towards my truck and a nice fork horn is on the hill above the Dodge. I think I'm going to sit in the "white ground blind" tomorrow.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Took the nephew along riding yesterday at the fairgrounds. At first he wanted us to lead Rudey around

But after he figured out the steering hootus watch out!

I see chocolate chip and vanilla bar cookie raids at the -4 Ranch in the coming months

Comment

That kid is living large, Russ. I wanted to ride a horse so bad when I was a kid....but never got to ride one until I was way older. Good experience.

Haven't checked in to this thread in a while. Need to hit it more often to see the good stuff and get away from the sports threads.

Comment

I swear Advent (the season of preparation) should rightfully be moved to September instead of December.

Thanks for the other Bitz Bobby... I put it to good use yesterday as I was fletching another 8 arrows in prep for the upcoming season. Took me 1/2 the time as last year!

Comment

Checking in....

I see the fire is still warm here! Life is good!

Comment

Lol well he's got all us back into riding. Hope he sticks with it and enjoys it as much as I do.

Really want to get into this in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          I swear Advent (the season of preparation) should rightfully be moved to September instead of December.

Thanks for the other Bitz Bobby... I put it to good use yesterday as I was fletching another 8 arrows in prep for the upcoming season. Took me 1/2 the time as last year!
                          No problem! With going elk hunting and other stuff I haven't got to mess with that HF radio. Hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            No problem! With going elk hunting and other stuff I haven't got to mess with that HF radio. Hopefully soon.
                            Well, a couple of things have stirred up the HAM bug in me again. I'm going to dust off my 5W HF rig and see what range I can get out of 40M at night with local (300 miles or less) coms. My son's troop wants me to help them participate with Jamboree on the air. Should be fun. Will bring my rig (it is all portable now) to the lease and see how far I can get with a "local" setup.

How was the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Well, a couple of things have stirred up the HAM bug in me again. I'm going to dust off my 5W HF rig and see what range I can get out of 40M at night with local (300 miles or less) coms. My son's troop wants me to help them participate with Jamboree on the air. Should be fun. Will bring my rig (it is all portable now) to the lease and see how far I can get with a "local" setup.

How was the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                That good huh? I noticed you didn't update the thread too much after the 2nd day. Was gonna ask for an update, but was hoping you were tired from packing out an elk vs the alternative.

Was it poor hunting conditions.... or poor guiding?

Comment

Working...
                                X