No announcement yet.

Which youth bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started my boy with a nuclear ice and I can't imagine a better youth bow for the little kids. He still shoots it now at 10, but it's time I start looking for a bigger one for him.

Comment

Thanks for all the input fellas

Comment

Twerpy started with my old Bear Bearkat. It has really light limbs.

Her first compound was a Nuclear Ice. It was a great bow to learn on. She shot a bunch of arrows with it, and I made a deal on it with another fella for his daughter to learn on

Twerpy upgraded to a Hoyt Ruckus. Another very nice bow, but definitely not for a little one.

I am not a fan of the Mission bows for little kids. They are heavy mass weight, which is difficult for a youngster to handle. That takes away from the fun, and I would never want to do that.

Comment

Make a pvc recurve together, hundreds of plans on YouTube. She'll always have it and remember doing it with Dad.

This picture I found on Google was posted here on TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            Make a pvc recurve together, hundreds of plans on YouTube. She'll always have it and remember doing it with Dad.

This picture I found on Google was posted here on TBH

We've made a couple of those. Fun little bows. She started shooting those when she was about 3.

Comment

Working...
            X