Camcorder cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camcorder cables

I'm needing a connection between my SIL's analog camcorder and my Digital Hi 8. His end are RCA jacks, one audio (not as important) and one video. He also has an S Video port which could be used if necessary as the audio in not important as mentioned. My cam needs the small end that is on a firewire cable. Can these be purchased locally at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc?

I need to record his video to my Digital for downloading to my computer.

Thanks!

This should be the connection on the digital camera. It appears to be 4 pin on the camera.

Click image for larger version

Name:	firewire small end.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	23815415

Comment

There won't be a straight up cable to go from Analog --> Firewire, its going to take a device unless your digital takes analog inputs (ie not firewire). What brand/model are both cameras?

Generally, you can just get something like the following...

Comment

Thank you Kevin for the info. I was wondering if that was possible. I had a Pinnacle converter box but got rid of it earlier in the year. He has a JVC but not sure of the model. It says digital signal processing or something to that effect on the side but I saw no type of connection that would work coming out of his and into mine. I'll check out the link.

I think he needs to get him a digital for Christmas this year.

Comment

one think I like about my current digital 8 camera is my old regular 8 tapes can be played through the new camera and "digitized" onto the computer.

Guess you didnt luck out and have the same type tapes for the old and newer camera?

Sorry I cant help more with this....Kevin knows alot about this stuff, listen to him!

Comment

JT his camera is Super VHS? so the tape is thicker than the camera I would try to send it to unfortunately. Wish I had kept the converter box I had. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X