QAD ultra rest pro and ultra rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD ultra rest pro and ultra rest

What's the the difference between these 2 rests besides $50. Is it worth the price difference?.

QAD has a sealed internal mechanism that can't be fixed when a malfunction occurs.
    Ripcord can be taken apart and reassembled when it malfunctions.

Comment

Hey i got a ? Which drop away had the prob with movement on the shaft from side to side. someone said it had alittle play side to side

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
        What's the the difference between these 2 rests besides $50. Is it worth the price difference?.
        Good question, I purshased the Ultra Pro just because and without any insight to the difference. I was just told this is what to get and I did.

Comment

Worth the $ IMHO

The major difference between the QAD Ultra Rest and the Rip Cord (as I understand it) is that the Rip Cord will fall when you let down from full draw. The Ultra Rest drops on inertia so it will only fall when you shoot.

I am a BIG fan of the QAD Ultra Rest...the best rest on the market for me for sure.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by WheelHouse View Post
            The major difference between the QAD Ultra Rest and the Rip Cord (as I understand it) is that the Rip Cord will fall when you let down from full draw. The Ultra Rest drops on inertia so it will only fall when you shoot.

I am a BIG fan of the QAD Ultra Rest...the best rest on the market for me for sure.

Just my .02
            The ripcord is not supposed to stay up on a slow letdown. It has a square washer that the actuator cord runs through that is pushed into a slot when there is slack in the cord. When the bow is drawn, the cord becomes taut and pulls the washer down against a spring that has pushed it into the slot, then at the shot, the washer accelerates past the slot allowing the rest to fall.
            Last edited by rocky; 02-27-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              The ripcord is supposed to stay up on a slow letdown. It has a square washer that the actuator cord runs through that is pushed into a slot when there is slack in the cord. When the bow is drawn, the cord becomes taut and pulls the washer down against a spring that has pushed it into the slot, then at the shot, the washer accelerates past the slot allowing the rest to fall.
              Rocky

That's good info. I have only shot the QAD, and I know it won't fall until you shoot. Is that because it is inertia driven? I love the design of both rests...I only have experience with the QAD.

Scott

Comment

Yes, the QAD is inertia driven, and the Ripcord is not.
                I've seen multiple failures with both, and suspect it is due to improper timing.
                I can "fix" the Ripcord, but when a QAD craters, it is unfixable.

Comment

I just did some research, and the Ripcord is not supposed to stay up on a letdown.
                  I thought it was.
                  I suppose now that if you let down and the rest stays up, it is not timed properly.
                  I've edited my earlier post.

Comment

Qad

Comment

Originally posted by WheelHouse View Post

Just my .02
                      X2... couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        I just did some research, and the Ripcord is not supposed to stay up on a letdown.
                        I thought it was.
                        I suppose now that if you let down and the rest stays up, it is not timed properly.
                        I've edited my earlier post.
                        I wasn't sure, but that was what I thought. I don't want to give advise on products I haven't used.

I will say that I have had excellent customer service with QAD as well. I had an older modle QAD that wouldn't fall properly when it was cold (below 15 deg F) and they replaced it with a new rest no questions asked. I'd say they would do the same if you had a problem with one of their products...I know that won't be any good for you if you are on a remote hunt or even at the lease when it happens.

thanks for the good info.

Scott

Comment

I suppose that you are talking about the QAD ultra rest pro and the QAD utra rest hunter. The pro has lifetime warrenty, dvd, increased spring tension, rubberized and extended thumb wheel, timing cord is adjustable at thumbwheel, and they come in camo.

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
                            I suppose that you are talking about the QAD ultra rest pro and the QAD utra rest hunter. The pro has lifetime warrenty, dvd, increased spring tension, rubberized and extended thumb wheel, timing cord is adjustable at thumbwheel, and they come in camo.
                            That answers the question, thanks!

Comment

Well, I've tried nearly all of them, and worked on more than I can remember, but was just wrong about the Ripcord.
                              I have reworked several Ripcords and for some reason thought they were supposed to stay up on a slow letdown.
                              I'm glad I went back and looked and revised my post.

Comment

Working...
                              X