Bareshaft tuning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bareshaft tuning.

Shooting a bowtech invasion at 28.5 inches and 74 pounds. Shooting carbon express 350 mayhem shafts. What would make my bareshafts nock end to be kicked way over to the left and the impact 4 inches to the right of my fletched arrows?

In

Comment

I have never bare shafted a compound. Only my longbow.

Comment

All depends on what target you are shooting into. A bag target will give you false reading. Foam is about the only target to shoot into for bare shaft tuning as it will give you a better read. Paper tune, walk back tune and BH tune is the easiest to tune for a compound.

Comment

Are you paper tuning?

Comment

Target is a rhinehart 18-1. Can you explain exactly what walk back tuning is? Everyone on here refers to it but I don't think I truly understand it. I would try paper tuning but truth be told I don't have a rig to paper tune. Thats why I am attempting bareshaft tuning. Maybe not the right way to go about it?

Comment

Look up Walk Back Tuning on You Tube. There are several good videos that explain this method and show you how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                Target is a rhinehart 18-1. Can you explain exactly what walk back tuning is? Everyone on here refers to it but I don't think I truly understand it. I would try paper tuning but truth be told I don't have a rig to paper tune. Thats why I am attempting bareshaft tuning. Maybe not the right way to go about it?
                If you are bare shafting you have to have round holes in paper first. Then you start close, and better be able to adjust arrow length in very small increments to get the spine dialed in just right. It is it combination of draw weight, arrow length and spine, and rest and nock position.

Bare shaft tuning takes about 4 times as long as paper/walk back tuning, but when you get it dialed in, it is a thing of beauty.

Comment

If you are shooting a 28 in arrow or longer with a 125 tip your shooting the wrong arrow. Your spine is to week. You need to go to the 450 mayhem. Even at a 100 gn tip you should be at the 450. (300 spine.)

Comment

Send me your email and I will shoot you some good info on a pdf

Comment

Check the Easton Tuning Guide. They recommend starting with bare shaft testing.

I think bare shafts hitting to the right indicates underspined. If you put a lighter weight tip on both arrows or dropped you bow's weight and they hit at the same point you could confirm it.

Comment

Working...
                      X