Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to hog hunt near South Padre Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to hog hunt near South Padre Island?

So I have a wedding on the weekend of July 20th 2019 in South Padre Island. I would like to do a hog hunt while I’m in Texas for my dad, brother and myself while we are down there. I’m sure their is nothing super close but I would like to try and find something semi close, meaning within a few hours drive. A day hunt would be fine but wouldn’t mind a few day hunt with lodging either. Hogs would be the prime target but if I can find a place that has axis that’s be a bonus. If y’all could recommend a few places for me to look into I’d really appreciate it! Thanks in advance guys!

Ttt

Comment

King Ranch? It is about 100 miles or so from there

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        King Ranch? It is about 100 miles or so from there
        This

Comment

End of July is gonna be HOT and HUMID!!! So if I were considering it a vacation type of thing... I'd pay close attention to lodging and also making sure that the outfit is setup for nighttime hunting of hogs (thermals if rifle... or lighted feeders if bow hunting... etc..)

July 17/18th looks to be full moon in 2019. If you go before... or just after, you could potentially do a hunt without lights... but cloud cover and when it rises/sets plays a role... so I'd just make sure you got a ranch that has feeder lights or a good means of hunting them at night.

Comment

Thanks guys, I’ve been looking at the king ranch and also Diamond C. I know diamond is further but I like the idea of supporting a site sponsor. I also was thinking that it’s gonna be miserable hot so if night is the way to go then that’s what we will do, as long as the outfitter is on board

Comment

Look up:
              John Todd- he’s out of the valley

Double Shot Outfitters- They mostly run deer, Nilgai, and a few other exotic hunts but might have a place for just pigs.

Comment

There is a hog hunting outfit out of Edinburg I believe. You can find them on Craigslist.

Comment

My buddy has a place about 30 minutes from the island. Lots of pigs, Nilgai, and some axis. It’s also right on the water, so fishing is an option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                    Look up:
                    John Todd- he’s out of the valley
                    Todd Outdoors a call @ 956-572-4800

He is pretty well connected down there hunting wise, but have heard stories on both ends of the spectrum about him.

This guy is also pretty well connected.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      Todd Outdoors a call @ 956-572-4800

He is pretty well connected down there hunting wise, but have heard stories on both ends of the spectrum about him.

This guy is also pretty well connected.

https://kayoteoutfitters.com/?fbclid...4MGL8lt0qsJui8
                      I was also going to recommend Todd Outdoors. He's a full time outfitter with access to a lot of different properties.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some awesome info guys, I appreciate it! I’m gonna reach out to a few outfitters this evening. Thanks again, the green screen never disappoints

Comment

Working...
                        X