anyone here shoot obsession bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recently got one and love it. i have had hoyts and loved them and then went to elite, elite was the smoothest bow i have ever pulled back but didn't like the speed i was getting from the longer axle to axle elite so i went to obsession and get the same smooth draw and back wall of the elite but now I'm getting 288fps with a 500grain arrow

Theres a handful of guys that pimp obsession/xpedition bows and I bet you they will also recommend black eagle arrows theyll chime in here shortly

Ive shot the DEFCONm7 and liked it due to the speed but I preferred the smoothness on my E35, only thing that made it an easy decision was the price I got the Elite for

Comment

Shot Hoyt for quit awhile, then shot Mathews for a very long time. Now I shoot an obsession and like it better then any bow I have shot to date. And I have owned a lot . They were bought out by a bigger company and have already changed there warranty, and quality will probably be next.

Comment

I will be shooting an obsession this hunting season by buddy has one I've shot it a few times and in my opinion it's the best shooting bow for me price wise, speed wise and weight wise.i just have to travel forever to get one!

Comment

Wish there was a dealer down here. I emailed Obsession a while back to ask them if they were looking at more dealers...

Yeah nothing...

Comment

I love my obsession. I also went from Hoyt to OB and have never looked back.

Comment

I have had the exact same experience. I shot Elite for years and still love them. I thought they were the smoothest. I recently purchased a K34 and to me, it is way more smooth than any Elite I have shot and faster.

Comment

I like the obsession line, but I prefer the tubabikity of a yoke.

I love my overdrive binary cams on bowtech she for that reason.

But, I'm probably going to buy an xpedition next, for the hybrids.

Comment

Last May I traveled over 1100 miles, visited 5 different shops from Lubbock to Weatherford, to Alvarado, to East Texas and back to Ft. Worth and shot countless bows, at least a dozen or more of all the top brands and finally settled on an Obsession Def Con 6.

Most would not go to the length and time I put in to choose my first new bow since 2009, but I wanted to make dang sure I found the one I wanted before I forked over major bucks for it. It was my first bow other than a High Country since 1989! All of them shot extremely well, all were within 10 fps of each other, but the Def Con 6 was my choice based on feel, draw cycle, back wall and dead in the hand on the shot.

I am very happy and satisfied with my Obsession.

Comment

mudslinger, how did you like all the shops you visited? On Target archery in Canton texas is amazing and i would like to visit cinnamon creek sometime in north ftw. all star in dallas is good if you want to just shoot a few arrows at 20 yards but they are more of a boat shop than bow shop

Comment

I have 2015 Fusion 7 and love it. I came from Bowtech. I was not getting the speeds or shootability out of my bowtech. I shoot 280ish fps with a 61#, 28.5" draw shooting 460gr carbon express mayhems. I can hold my bow back all day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6350.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24484736

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        Theres a handful of guys that pimp obsession/xpedition bows and I bet you they will also recommend black eagle arrows theyll chime in here shortly

Ive shot the DEFCONm7 and liked it due to the speed but I preferred the smoothness on my E35, only thing that made it an easy decision was the price I got the Elite for
                        Call me out why don't ya

OP, I made the switch from Elite to Obsession Phoenix as well and don't regret it for a second.

And yes, I am slingin Black Eagle shafts

Comment

i almost went with the black eagles but decided with FMJ's.

Comment

I shoot an evolution and love it

Comment

I shoot a DefCon 6 and Knightmare. I have zero complaints about either bow. I understand that bows are all shooter preference and there are great bows out there. But, for me I am definitely a fan of Obsession.

Comment

Working...
                              X