Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has never hunted out out of state and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it'd be out of country, I would love to hunt the states (Texas whitetail is a dream) but I've got flights, car hire, food, accommodation and shipping if I'm so lucky that's going to be $3-4k. Then you got guide fees on top so just about double it.

It's just easier for me to stick to public land or hunt swaps more locally than head over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally have my first out of state hunt planned for next year. A friend and I are going to be chasing Mule Deer in Nebraska. This opportunity just kind of fell in my lap. We are staying with a family friend of my buddy's who is going to show us around and at least point us in the right direction. The hunting itself will be pretty much DIY from the way I understand it. I'm really looking forward to it!

Comment

Time

Comment

I haven't and it's due to a lack of funds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just hasn't come together yet. I got drawn with a buddy for New Mexico antelope a few years back. Before the trip I changed jobs, and there was no way I could take off a week in the middle of august (I'm in hvac). My buddy went alone and killed one with his bow the first day there.

Comment

No desire. Too many in state opportunities to throw money at.

Comment

Me.

Just because I was younger and didn't have a influence to go.

I plan on starting applications this year to start heading west.

Whitetails were fun but now I would rather throw most of my time/money into the West then in state.

Comment

Have yet to make it out west or anywhere out of state for that matter... Mainly it's been a learning process for me as I had no one in the family that influenced hunting for me. I only started hunting in late '07 so it's been an adventure trying to learn most of it on my own.

As with a lot of others, I hear friends or acquaintances mention they want to go but when it come to the nut cutting it never happens. Not bashing them, just saying it has not come together. I have decided to do a solo dyi hunt and will hopefully be doing that or as a last resort finding an outfitter this coming year.

Comment

The timing has always been bad when I've had the opportunity. Either the lack of money or time prevented it. When I've had the time and money, I can't find enough people to go to keep the cost down...maybe one of these days I'll be able to go on a out of state elk hunt.

Comment

I never have hunted out west. I don't have anyone to go with (I hunt whitetail with my dad still and he is too old now) and I am not going that far out in the boonies by myself. I have been considering a guided hunt because of this.

Comment

For those saying money is the reason, leases in Texas cost more than a DIY hunt will.

Comment

No desire to go hunt somewhere else. We talked about trying an elk hunt, but it's not high on my list. I do hunt waterfowl out of state though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                            For those saying money is the reason, leases in Texas cost more than a DIY hunt will.
                            Not to mention, once you get an elk back to TX, you have the same amount of meat if you shot 4-5 deer in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                              I finally have my first out of state hunt planned for next year. A friend and I are going to be chasing Mule Deer in Nebraska. This opportunity just kind of fell in my lap. We are staying with a family friend of my buddy's who is going to show us around and at least point us in the right direction. The hunting itself will be pretty much DIY from the way I understand it. I'm really looking forward to it!
                              I was hoping for a Nebraska Sandhills mule deer hunt next year but it's not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                                I'm sure some leases are more $$$ but there's not anything cheap about out of state hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X